We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TreeViewAdvDataBound and Version 4.1

Does the TreeViewAdvDataBound control work well with the latest version (4.1.0.50) of the Essential Studio? The library provided at http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/treeviewadvdatabound_lib.zip still references older Syncfusion assemblies. So is there also a new version of the TreeViewAdvDataBound control available? Any improvements, bug fixes? Kind regards Wolfgang

3 Replies

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team March 2, 2006 04:23 AM UTC

Hi Wolfgang, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Yes , the TreeViewDataBound sample works fine with v4.1.0.50 of the Essential Studio.The library provided also references the latest version v4.1.0.50 .As a new version ,the patch for the v4.1.0.56 is also available.I have send the Essential Suite v4.1.0.56 link in the Direct trac incident 24018. Treedatabinding Please take a look at the sample and let me know if you need further assistance. We appreciate and thank for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Deepa.T.S

KE Ken March 2, 2006 06:58 PM UTC

Deepa, I just experienced that the TreeViewDataBound is pretty buggie. Basically when I call the dataSet.tables["mytable"].clear() after the TreeViewDataBound control is deleted, it has null reference exception I guess table.clear() is trying call the events that was assoicated the deleted treeViewDataBound control. I think the TreeViewDataBound need to handle to clear all the DB_xxxEvent when the TreeViewDataBound control is delete (or disposed if you want this word). What do you think how sooon we have newer version of TreeViewDataBound. Thanks Here is the stack System.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Source="Syncfusion.Tools.Windows" StackTrace: at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.set_SelectedNode(TreeNodeAdv value) at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdvDataBound.DS_CurrentRecordManagerReset(Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\SMD\TransPower\MOI\MOI\TreeViewAdvDataBound_Lib\TreeViewAdvDataBound.cs:line 824 at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.OnCurrentRecordManagerReset(TableEventArgs e) at Syncfusion.Grouping.CurrentRecordManager.Reset() at Syncfusion.Grouping.Table.bindingList_ListChanged(Object sender, ListChangedEventArgs e) >Hi Wolfgang, > >Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. > >Yes , the TreeViewDataBound sample works fine with v4.1.0.50 of the Essential Studio.The library provided also references the latest version v4.1.0.50 .As a new version ,the patch for the v4.1.0.56 is also available.I have send the Essential Suite v4.1.0.56 link in the Direct trac incident 24018. > >Treedatabinding > >Please take a look at the sample and let me know if you need further assistance. We appreciate and thank for your continued interest in Syncfusion products. > >Regards, > >Deepa.T.S >

DT Deepa TS Syncfusion Team March 7, 2006 04:40 AM UTC

Hi Ken, I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I was able to reproduce the issue and I have logged a bug report bug #1630 NullReferenceException occurs when dataSet.tables["mytable"].clear() is called in DataBound sample. Regarding this issue you could track the status of this bug fix in the above link.We will try our very best to implement this at the earliest. We will let you know for sure, regarding the newer version of TreeViewDataBound once it is been addresed. Thanks for your patience and interest in Syncfusion products. Best regards, Deepa.T.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon