We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Moving colums for child rows

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

39323 Jan 4,2006 10:48 AM Jan 6,2006 10:09 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Christopher Dugdale
Asked On January 4, 2006 10:48 AM

Hi, I''m using a GDBG (C#) and have parent rows which can have zero or more children. If I drag a column to a different position, the column is correctly moved for the parent row, however any child rows do not have their columns moved to the new position. How can I work around this? Thanks

stanleyj [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 5, 2006 05:58 AM

Hi Chris, This is quite harder to achieve in a GDBG, as the second header does not have the header functionality but GridGroupingControl has this ability since it is designed to hold the tables independent. Here is a simple GGC sample. Best regards, Stanley

Christopher Dugdale
Replied On January 5, 2006 06:13 AM

Hi Stanley, Thanks for the sample code. However we have gone down the route of using a GDBG and moving to a GridGroupingControl would require some major rework which we currently are unable to do. Is there a work around for the GDBG? For example can I hook into the ColsMoving event and manipulate the child rows? Or something of that nature.... A pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Cheers Chris.

stanleyj [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 6, 2006 10:09 AM

Hi Chris, By rearranging the column order in the LayoutColumns as per the column movements of the parent table is one way of achieving the columns movement of the child table. A rough sample here. Best regards, Stanley

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;