We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion Installation Crashing IE?

Hi, I currently have a subscription with Syncfusion, and I''m wondering if I''m the only person that has found or is getting this error... When I install Syncfusion 3.3 from Direct Trac, directly after the install, which does give me an error message saying that the assembly had problems finalizing, IE is bugged out to the point that I can no longer view a flash presentation, can''t run activex controls even ones from microsoft(windows update), I can''t run system restore, and even SFC /scannow (aswell as a repair installation doesn''t correct the issue...). Apparently whatever the installation is crashing on is corrupting some windows os files... I''ve spent over a week trying to figure out what on my computer has been causing this and am wondering if others that use Syncfusion are experiencing these same issues? Thanks, Andy J P.S. if anyone else is experiencing this I suggest you don''t bother contacting Microsoft and just reformat and do a clean install of your OS... they have no idea how to fix what this is causing, I''ve spoken with one of their support reps extensively, and aswell their research team trying to debug and figure out what is happening... basically a phone call to them will just get you a $35 charge...

1 Reply

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 23, 2005 07:54 PM UTC

Hi Andy, Please refer to this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909889. This appears to be the problem. It is not really tied to our install. Thank you for using Syncfusion products. Best regards, Daniel >Hi, > >I currently have a subscription with Syncfusion, and I''m wondering if I''m the only person that has found or is getting this error... When I install Syncfusion 3.3 from Direct Trac, directly after the install, which does give me an error message saying that the assembly had problems finalizing, IE is bugged out to the point that I can no longer view a flash presentation, can''t run activex controls even ones from microsoft(windows update), I can''t run system restore, and even SFC /scannow (aswell as a repair installation doesn''t correct the issue...). Apparently whatever the installation is crashing on is corrupting some windows os files... > >I''ve spent over a week trying to figure out what on my computer has been causing this and am wondering if others that use Syncfusion are experiencing these same issues? > >Thanks, > >Andy J > >P.S. if anyone else is experiencing this I suggest you don''t bother contacting Microsoft and just reformat and do a clean install of your OS... they have no idea how to fix what this is causing, I''ve spoken with one of their support reps extensively, and aswell their research team trying to debug and figure out what is happening... basically a phone call to them will just get you a $35 charge...

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon