We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Wizard control: swallows exceptions

Hi, i thought i would report this here, hopefully it is the right place :) We are using Essential tools 3.0.1.0, and have noticed that the wizard control swallows exceptions. Is this by design? Or if it is a bug, has it been fixed? Cheers, sluggy

4 Replies

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team October 19, 2005 04:19 AM UTC

Hi, Could you please provide more details regarding this issue?. If possible, kindly send us a sample so that it could be easy for us to investigate it. We appreciate your cooperation and thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Mano

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team October 19, 2005 06:26 AM UTC

Hi, I have tested this issue and I was not able to see the issue with finish button in v3.0.1.0. The problem was there in v2.1.0.9. But we have fixed the Finish button suppressing exceptions in v3.0.1.0. Are you referring to the other buttons in the wizard control? Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Mano

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 19, 2005 10:14 PM UTC

Hi Mano, no, this wasn''t related specifically to the Finish button, but may well be related to the Next button. In this particular case, the Next button had been clicked, the AfterPageSelected event fired, in that event i was setting up some controls on a page. During that set up, if any exceptions are generated then they are swallowed by the Wizard. This results in the wizard page showing, but in a possibly incomplete state - any setup or databinding you are doing at the time of the exception is lost, which means controls can be missing or empty. Of course i could put a catch in there, but these are unexpected exceptions that should be bubbled out, but they can''t be bubbled out. And it is bad UI to show an incomplete page to the user, they are left there scratching their heads wondering what has happened. I will see if i can put togther a simple example in the next couple of days and forward it to you. Regards, sluggy

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team October 21, 2005 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Sluggy, I have attached a sample. If possible, please try to modify the sample in order to help us tracking down this issue. Thanks for your patience and cooperation. Regards, Mano WizardControl.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon