We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Designer Issues

I was earlier using Syncfusion 2.1.0.9 in my application. I updated to 3.3.0.0. Now my .Net Windows Forms does not open in Designer View. The following error is displayed while opening in designer view:- "An error occurred while opening the document. Fix the error and then try loading the document again. Unspecified error." I had uninstalled the 2.1.0.9 version and then installed the 3.3.0.0 version. Could any one tell me why is this error coming.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 19, 2005 02:30 PM UTC

Hi Manpreet, We regret for the inconvenience caused. Designer issues after upgrades are typically caused by the designer still loading some of the older assemblies. Since you have already uninstalled version 2.1.0.9, you should not be running into such issues unless some of the assemblies were left behind by the uninstall program. Could you please check the GAC for any 2.1.0.x version Syncfusion assemblies and delete them from the GAc if you find them. Also, check the install folder and delete the 2.1.0.9 folder if it was not deleted already. Now open Visual Studio.NET and try building your project(s) without opening any of the files in the designer and then after the projects are built, try opening the forms in the designer. Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon