We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tooltip appear behind floating window

See the attached sample. Move the mouse over the listview items and a tooltip will appear. Now make the listview window into a floating window and repeat - the tooltips appear behind the window. Anything I''m doing wrong? Any workaround? Thanks Akash DodgyTooltip_7994.zip

11 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team September 26, 2005 04:11 PM UTC

Hi Akash, I am afraid,I was not able to see your problem. I have tested in V3.3.0.0. Could you please provide me the version number currently you are using?. Please let me know if you are interesting in upgrade to new Version. Thanks for using Syncfusion Products. Thanks, Vijay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2005 06:55 PM UTC

I am using v3.3 with version 1.1 of the .Net framework. I have attached a screenshot showing the problem tooltip_7083.zip

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team September 27, 2005 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Akash, I am afraid, I am not able to reproduce this problem. I have tested this issue in Windows XP-Professional OS using Essential Studio V3.3 final release. Please take a look at the attached screenshot. Could you please let me know which OS you are working with? Thanks, Vijay ToolTipProblem_8849.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2005 11:15 AM UTC

I''m using XP Pro, SP1.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2005 11:53 AM UTC

I''ve now tested this on 3 different machines (all XP Pro, two are SP1, one is SP2) and they all have the same problem. All machines are running .Net 1.1 SP1, essential studio 3.3.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team September 27, 2005 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Akash, Please take a look at this test sample and let me know if you could see the same problem. This test sample consists of two Docked Panel and a Docked ListView with 3 Items. Here is a screen shot of how this sample looks in my system. Thanks for your patience. Regards, Vijay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2005 02:47 PM UTC

I still get the problem. Unfortunately I can''t upload a screenshot, as the upload facility seems to be broken again.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 27, 2005 02:50 PM UTC

Some more info: If you remove the MouseOver code that that generates the dynamic tooltip, and simply set a tooltip at design time, the tooltip fails to appear at all once the window is floating. It sounds like the tooltip is getting detached from the control...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2005 12:10 PM UTC

We have the similiar problem..

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team September 28, 2005 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Akash, I was able to see your problem. I think it is probably related to this KB Article: When a TreeView control is set as a docking window, the tree''s node ToolTips fail to appear. Why?. However I have created a bug report regarding the issue ToolTip fails to display after the changing dock state . If any update will be made by us regarding this issue, we will inform you. Please take a look at the Track of the bug in the open issue. Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and thank you for your patience. Best Regards Vijay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2005 02:45 PM UTC

I''ve tried implementing the workaround, but it doesn''t do the trick. See the attached sample. Can you modify it to work? Akash DodgyTooltip_3575.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon