We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Reg: Component Designer generated code for grid control

Hi, I am using the syncfusion custom control derived from syncfusion grid control. In the single form i have five gridcontrol. 1)1st grid 8 rows and 2 Columns 2)2nd grid 13 rows and 2 Columns 3)3rd grid 2 rows and 2 Columns 4)4th grid 1 rows and 2 Columns 5)5th grid 11 rows and 2 Columns For five controls system is generating around 7500 lines of code.(i have attached Component Designer generated code) Why is that..? Is it correct..? Is there is any issue with performance..? If yes, How do i avoid that....? Thanks, Anna Component Designer generated code_6864.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2005 11:32 PM UTC

Currently, if you select a range of cells, and apply style properties, only one range object is added to the collections. But if you then seelct a cell from among those you set in the single range, then code is regenerated on a cell by cell basis. That is why you are seeing all the code. To address this problem, we will be adding an options to save suched designed grids as binary resources as was done in earlier grid versions (but without the version problem we had earlier). Until there is a release with this new property in it, if you get inefficient designer code generated, then you may want to rewrite it your self outside of the deisgner generated code.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon