We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Toolbars which just don''t want to appear

One of my projects, which has just upgraded from 3.2.1.0 to 3.3.0.0 is having problems with toolbars disappearing. They appear correctly in the designer, but when you run the application they just won''t appear (they will appear if you turn them off then on again). If I turn off the AutoLoadToolBarPositions on the main frame bar manager it works - but of course the toolbar positions don''t get persisted. I tried deleting the isolated storage, and that works the first time, but as soon as the isolated storage data is written, the next time the application runs the toolbars have vanished again. I''ve run the ConvertResx on the resx file, and tried moving the toolbars around in the designer to make sure they''re storing valid information - but nothing seems to solve the problem. Any suggestions about whats gone wrong? Cheers, Sue

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2005 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Sue, I have tested for this issue with v3.3 and was not able to see the problem.I have attached the sample used for testing.Kindly modify the sample to show the problem and send it back to us so that we could investigate it here.We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Ebenezer.P Menus_5898.zip

SH Sue Harris September 14, 2005 02:51 AM UTC

Hi, I''ve reproduced the problem in the attached sample. I can see that what is causing the problem is my ShowNoModelMenu method in which I am setting the visibility of some of my main menu items - but I don''t understand why it causes the problem (and it didn''t cause the problem prior to the 3.3 release). To see the problem, simply run the program twice - the second time the toolbar has vanished. Regards, Sue MenuVanish_7178.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2005 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Sue, Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I do see this problem here and have notified the development team regarding this. We have logged a bug report Defect#548 in this regard and will try our very best to address the same at the earliest. You could track the progress of this bug fix at this link below : Defect #548 - Toolbars disappear after running an application twice We appreciate your patience and thanks for your feedback. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon