We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Left-side tabs in a TabbedMDIManager

I was wondering how to make tabs display along the left side (rather than the top) using a TabbedMDIManager. I tried tabbedMDIManager.Horizontal = false; but that didn''t seem to do it. [Also, is there a way to stack the letters when its along the left edge so it looks like L a b e l ? (if not, I can subclass TabRenderer3D)] Thank you, Dan

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2005 06:47 PM UTC

Hi Dan, This feature is currently not available in the TabbedMDI framework, but we have an open QA report on the same, and we intend to implement this feature in the near future. This functionality cannot be easily achieved because, we do not embed the forms within a tab control, instead we place the forms beside a tab control (to preserve the MDI mode). And also note that we support multiple tab groups. All this makes supporting desired alignment of tabs a non-trivial task and hence I am afraid, we are not able to support this feature in our current implementation of the TabbedMDI framework. However, we will try our very best to implement this feature at the earliest. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JQ Jonathan Quail February 13, 2006 04:25 PM UTC

Guru Patwal, Has this feature been implemented yet? Or is there any word from the development team to when/what version it will be implemented? We are running 4.1.0.50 and can''t seem to get the tabs down the left hand side with a TabbedMDIManager either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jonathan >Hi Dan, > >This feature is currently not available in the TabbedMDI framework, but we have an open QA report on the same, and we intend to implement this feature in the near future. This functionality cannot be easily achieved because, we do not embed the forms within a tab control, instead we place the forms beside a tab control (to preserve the MDI mode). And also note that we support multiple tab groups. All this makes supporting desired alignment of tabs a non-trivial task and hence I am afraid, we are not able to support this feature in our current implementation of the TabbedMDI framework. However, we will try our very best to implement this feature at the earliest. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding on this. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team February 14, 2006 05:39 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan, Our apologises for the delay in implementing this feature. This feature is not completed yet. I have notified our development team and we will try to include this feature in our next release. Feature Request # 206 - Ability to align the TabbedMDI tabs. I have attached a sample that shows how to achieve this fuctionality with TabControlAdv. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Regards, Mano TabbedMDI_TabLeft_1.zip

JQ Jonathan Quail February 14, 2006 03:53 PM UTC

Mano, thank you for the update. Unfortunately what we really need is the functionality of the TabbedMDIManager (allowing us to move tabs into new horizontal/vertical groups) but with the tabs on the left. We''ll just have to wait until the that feature is implemented. Thanks again! Jonathan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon