We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tab Control problem

The tab control in version 3 does not allow switching tabs in design view by clicking on them. This is the second day that I have been using version 3, and quite frankly I am very disappointed with the amount of effort required to implement it, and the number of bugs I have already encountered.

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2005 12:59 AM UTC

Hi Rich, The TabControlAdv design time tab switching issue has been fixed, and a patch containing these fixes is now available for download. Please open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download instructions for the same. Also, report us any bugs that you may encounter in v3.0, and we will try our very best to address them at the earliest. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

KI Kai Iske January 5, 2005 04:44 AM UTC

Guru, maybe it would be nice for other users to also receive a pointer/link to the latest HotFix/Interim releases of the suite, because I just stumbled over the very same problem. What about adding an area to the Direct-Trac Download area listing HotFix/SP releases and detail changes there? Regards Kai Iske >Hi Rich, > >The TabControlAdv design time tab switching issue has been fixed, and a patch containing these fixes is now available for download. Please open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download instructions for the same. Also, report us any bugs that you may encounter in v3.0, and we will try our very best to address them at the earliest. We appreciate your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

MW Martin Webrant January 5, 2005 06:10 AM UTC

That would be great! >Guru, > >maybe it would be nice for other users to also receive a pointer/link to the latest HotFix/Interim releases of the suite, because I just stumbled over the very same problem. > >What about adding an area to the Direct-Trac Download area listing HotFix/SP releases and detail changes there? > >Regards > >Kai Iske > >>Hi Rich, >> >>The TabControlAdv design time tab switching issue has been fixed, and a patch containing these fixes is now available for download. Please open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download instructions for the same. Also, report us any bugs that you may encounter in v3.0, and we will try our very best to address them at the earliest. We appreciate your cooperation. >> >>Regards, >>Guru Patwal >>Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2005 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Martin and Kai, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. I have conveyed this information to our Release team. Till then, you could also open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download instructions for our latest patch. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

JS John Sheppard January 5, 2005 01:09 PM UTC

I totally agree. For those of us who have paid subscription fees the whether to get patches or not shouldn''t even be an issue. It should just be. I''m trying to understand why it isn''t this way already. Tell me I didn''t spend my money unwisely. John >Guru, > >maybe it would be nice for other users to also receive a pointer/link to the latest HotFix/Interim releases of the suite, because I just stumbled over the very same problem. > >What about adding an area to the Direct-Trac Download area listing HotFix/SP releases and detail changes there? > >Regards > >Kai Iske > >>Hi Rich, >> >>The TabControlAdv design time tab switching issue has been fixed, and a patch containing these fixes is now available for download. Please open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download instructions for the same. Also, report us any bugs that you may encounter in v3.0, and we will try our very best to address them at the earliest. We appreciate your cooperation. >> >>Regards, >>Guru Patwal >>Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2005 04:25 PM UTC

Hi John, Please refer to my response on Direct-Trac incident 15783 in this regard, and let me know if you need any other information. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

RI Richard January 5, 2005 09:25 PM UTC

Guru, Thanks for your response. Does this patch fix anything else, or just the design time tabs? This method of getting a patch is simply unacceptable. Patches should be freely available. The patch is no good to anyone unless they have already paid for the software. Considering the number of bugs that are evident in this software, there should be a patch download link from your support page. And hey this would reduce your support effort as well.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 8, 2005 03:05 PM UTC

Hi Rich, Thanks for your inputs on this topic. We will be releasing a public release containing this fix shortly. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

GM Gordon McIntyre January 11, 2005 06:58 AM UTC

Guru, We urgently need the download instructions for this patch too. I created an incident yesterday but still havn''t heard anything from you. >Hi Rich, > >The TabControlAdv design time tab switching issue has been fixed, and a patch containing these fixes is now available for download. Please open a Direct-Trac incident in this regard, and I will update you with the download instructions for the same. Also, report us any bugs that you may encounter in v3.0, and we will try our very best to address them at the earliest. We appreciate your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2005 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Gordon, Your Direct-Trac incident 15867 in this regard was updated on Monday (Jan 10, 2005) itself. Please refer to your Direct-Trac account on our website and let me know if you need further assistance. I will also email you this information just in case. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon