We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to make a nicer multiline chart title?

I''ve created a multiline chart title by embedding "\r" in the text string where I want the new line to start. While this works by splitting the string onto two lines it does not center them correctly over the chart. How can I make both lines centered? In a related issue, what I''m trying to do is create a subtitle for the chart. Ideally I''d like the subtitle to have a smaller font size and perhaps even a different font. How can this be done? TIA

3 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 14, 2004 07:27 PM UTC

Hi, Essential Chart does not support customizing the Chart Title to have multiple lines or a subtitle directly. However, you can use any other control (like labels) to position them on the Chart to provide custom Titles and subtitles. Please see the sample linked to below for an example: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/F22402ChartMultilineTitle.zip Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2004 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Davis, Thanks for the reply and sample. While that does seem to work for screen presentation, how will the printout look? Will it use the two label''s text or the chart''s text?

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team December 16, 2004 09:15 PM UTC

Hi, The printout will not include the external controls as the ChartControl is not aware of these controls. I will submit a feature request for a Chart Title that can accomodate multiple lines/images with different formatting for sections of the text. We regret for the inconvenience caused. Regards, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon