We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

syntax coloring config files in 3.0 rc

I''m experimenting with the new edit control (3.0 rc) but I cannot manage to create even a very basic working config file for it. Whatever I type into the XML config file, I always get this error at the very 1st line, which is just the XML declaration: Read Settings "unrecognized format encountered in the settings" error line: I attach a code sample with just 1 form loading from resources an embedded dummy XML config file which I tried to kept at a minimum. Could you please give any advice? Thank you! Edit1_4796.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 3, 2004 12:13 AM UTC

Hi Daniele, Thanks for the test sample. The XML based configuration file approach is supported in the new EditControl only, i.e., you should reference Syncfusion.Edit.Windows dll in your application and not Syncfusion.Edit.Legacy.Windows dll. Please take a look at the CustomOutliningDemo sample present in the directory ...\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.0.19\Windows\Edit.Windows\Samples\CustomOutliningDemo that shows how you could modify a configuration file to support custom outlining. More information is also available in the Essential Edit Users Guide under the topic Configuration Settings >> Creating a Custom Language Configuration File. Let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon