We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Pinning a docked group gives another control focus

I am using 2.0.5.1. I have a group of panels docked to the bottom of my window. I can make them auto hide by clicking the push pin. However, when I pin the docked group, another one of the controls now has focus. Is this a known issue?

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 30, 2004 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Justin, Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, this is a known issue, but it has been addressed in version 3.0. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I am using 2.0.5.1. I have a group of panels docked to the bottom of my window. I can make them auto hide by clicking the push pin. However, when I pin the docked group, another one of the controls now has focus. Is this a known issue?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2005 10:18 PM UTC

I am using 3.2.1.0. But still have this problem. A docked tab group will change the focus after pinning it. I checked the example "simpleCode". After clicking the tab "ListBox 1", the "ListBox1" pops out, and then I push the pin, the current focus automatically changes to "ListBox2". I don''t know it is still a bug? or you fixed it already, could you tell me where I can find the code example online? Thank you. >Hi Justin, > >Sorry for the delayed response. > >Yes, this is a known issue, but it has been addressed in version 3.0. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>I am using 2.0.5.1. I have a group of panels docked to the bottom of my window. I can make them auto hide by clicking the push pin. However, when I pin the docked group, another one of the controls now has focus. Is this a known issue?

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team December 7, 2005 06:36 AM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have checked this issue with the patch 3.2.1.514 and the above version 3.3.0.0. It has been fixed in this version. If you are interested in upgrading to this patch, please create a direct trac incident in this regard. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. Regards, Vijay

GZ Gang Zhang September 18, 2007 07:44 PM UTC

Hi,

We are using version 4.4.0.51 and I am still experiencing this problem. Even in your DockTabPosition.zip downloaded project, I can see this behavior, after the 3 panels autohide, clicking on the the pinning button to pin any panel would cause panel3 to be the one on top instead of the panel on which the pin button was clicked.

Please let me know if this has been addressed, thanks!

>Hi,
>
>Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
>
>I have checked this issue with the patch 3.2.1.514 and the above version 3.3.0.0. It has been fixed in this version. If you are interested in upgrading to this patch, please create a direct trac incident in this regard. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.
>
>Regards,
>Vijay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2007 06:15 PM UTC

Hi GZ,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the isue you specified. Please refer the steps below I have followed to reproduce it.

1) Dock the panels in the tab group to bottom.
2) Autohide all the panels.
3) Pin any panel say panel1 that displays panel1 on the top.

Please refer the sample below and let me know if you still facing any issues.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F21860/main.htm

Also please let us know if any change in the reproduce steps mentioned above.

You can also send me the video file illustrating the issue.

Regards,
Jaya

GZ Gang Zhang October 3, 2007 07:29 PM UTC

Hi Jaya,

Thanks for the reply!

I took your sample and simply added 3 labels. One label for each panel.

After I have docked the panels to the top of the form, I click the pin to make the panels autohide. And then, I can click on either panel2 or panel3 and then the pin button, and the displayed panel after pinning will be panel1.

Thanks!

>
Hi GZ,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the isue you specified. Please refer the steps below I have followed to reproduce it.

1) Dock the panels in the tab group to bottom.
2) Autohide all the panels.
3) Pin any panel say panel1 that displays panel1 on the top.

Please refer the sample below and let me know if you still facing any issues.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F21860/main.htm

Also please let us know if any change in the reproduce steps mentioned above.

You can also send me the video file illustrating the issue.

Regards,
Jaya

DockingPanels.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 10, 2007 01:05 PM UTC

Hi GZ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I am glad to inform you that the issue you specified has been fixed and it is included in the latest public release of Essential Studio.

You can download the latest version from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Please test the issue in the below sample link and let me know if you have any other queries.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F21860/IssueFixed/main.htm

Regards,
Jaya

GZ Gang Zhang October 10, 2007 02:54 PM UTC

Hi,

Our current version is 4.4.0.51, is it a free upgrade to your latest version that includes the fix or will it be a new purchase?

Thanks,

>Hi GZ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I am glad to inform you that the issue you specified has been fixed and it is included in the latest public release of Essential Studio.

You can download the latest version from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latestversion/default.aspx

Please test the issue in the below sample link and let me know if you have any other queries.

http://websamples.syncfusion.com/samples/Tools.Windows/F21860/IssueFixed/main.htm

Regards,
Jaya

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2007 03:46 AM UTC

Hi GZ,

If you hold a valid subscription then you can obtain a key for the latest version by visiting "Download the latest versions" section within Direct-Trac and also you can download the setup from there itself.

You can also write to salessupport@syncfusion.com to request a key.

Please let me know if you require any more details.

Regards,
Jaya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon