We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Severe reinstall problem

Hi, I have a severe problem reinstalling the essential suite. I wanted to reinstall the suite in order to install it to a different path. But after removing it the following installation installed it into C:\windows! Of course, I deinstalled it again but now, whenever I try to do a new installation I do not get the ''normal'' install dialog where I can select the installation path but I''m presented a radio button choice where I can only ''add/remove installed products'', ''reinstall currently installed products'' or ''remove all''. Remove all doesn''t do what I expect; after remove all I cannot choose another install path when I run install again. So: What can I do to get a completely new installation with the choice to select a path? Or what can I do to get completely rid of the current installation to start fresh? Thanks Frank

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 12, 2004 01:54 PM UTC

Hi Frank, It sounds like the uninstall string was not properly removed when you uninstalled Essential Suite. The quick solution for this would be to remove the uninstall keys for the Syncfusion installations on your system. The GUID is different depending on the version installed, but you can look at the GUID keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, and find the ones with DisplayName string value of "Syncfusion Essential Suite" and remove the GUID key from the Uninstall list. Thanks, Trampas

FL Frank Laus October 13, 2004 04:24 AM UTC

Thank you, it helped! Bye Frank

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon