We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How can I show a Workbook in a Webform or form?

I understand that the libraries help me to manage and save excel formats but, if I want show a workbook in a webform I don''t know do it. Also want that the clients can interact with the workbook and use the Postback event to capture his changes. Thanks,

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 23, 2004 03:11 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential ExcelRW. ExcelRW is an object model that exists in the memory and is used to create and manipulate Excel spreadsheets. The final output is an Excel file that is saved to the disk or to a stream. This file has to be viewed with either MS Excel or the free Excel Viewer. So in your case you would need to stream the spreadsheet to the browser. The user would be able to open the spreasheet inside the browser using MS Excel or free Excel Viewer. The user can make any changes using MS Excel and then upload the file back to you. This uploaded file can be read using ExcelRW to get the values entered by the user. However, if you would like to display the spreadsheet in a webforms page as a control, ExcelRW would not be able to meet your requirements. However you could consider using the datagrid to display the contents of an Excel spreadsheet on a webpage. ExcelRW has a method for exporting the contents to a DataTable and this datatable can be used as a datasource for the datagrid. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I understand that the libraries help me to manage and save excel formats but, if I want show a workbook in a webform I don''t know do it. Also want that the clients can interact with the workbook and use the Postback event to capture his changes. >Thanks,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon