We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Web Forms being deprecated: what to do now?

With Web Forms support being deprecated, are there examples of integration with the Blazor or Core version (the two recommended versions) in classic web forms? Or we have to fully convert our pages to use those newer versions?

We only use two components right now, DatePicker and Grid.

4 Replies

SS Sivakumar ShunmugaSundaram Syncfusion Team February 3, 2023 10:36 AM UTC

Hi Alexandre,

We understand that you have a query regarding our EJ1 deprecated Asp.Net products. We would like to inform you that our EJ1 products have been declared as retired products starting from our Volume 4 release version 20.4.0.44. For your reference, we have shared documentation of our retired product list:

https://help.syncfusion.com/common/essential-studio/essential-studio-retired-products.

If you still require the use of our EJ1 products, we suggest you use our EJ1 Syncfusion package version 20.4.0.38 or below. In case you face any issues with a version below 20.4.0.44, we would be happy to provide a custom patch.

Alternatively, if you are interested in migrating from EJ1 to EJ2 or Blazor, we recommend upgrading to our Syncfusion ASP.NET Core components of Essential JS 2 or the Syncfusion Blazor components, which are designed for a lightweight and modular approach. We have provided migration documentation for EJ1 to EJ2 and Blazor introduction documentation for your reference:

EJ1 to EJ2 migration: https://ej2.syncfusion.com/aspnetcore/documentation/grid/ej1-api-migration

Blazor Documentation: https://blazor.syncfusion.com/documentation/introduction

In addition, we have also shared a general introduction link to Blazor for ASP.NET Web Form developers:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/architecture/blazor-for-web-forms-developers/introduction

Check the shared details for your reference.

MS Matthew Smith February 8, 2023 11:36 PM UTC

Sivakumar,

I too have been side swiped by this move which was very sudden and very customer unfriendly. You don't just drop a bombshell on people who are using your product, you provide them with plenty of advance warning and alternative means of being able to use alternate versions.

I have 850,000 lines of ASP.NET web forms code which cannot be sudden converted to another product.

If there are parts of the packages that are being used which can be easily moved over to another version (not too sure about that as I saw my code explode today with the something missing in the PDF module), then you should provide the guidance.

Very disappointed in this behavior. I was planning on using one of the Excel controls going forward and now that has been completely thrown into the toilet. I am really glad I did not expend a lot of energy to try to make that work.

And to add insult to injury, I can no longer access older versions of the product through the dashboard. All of a sudden I have no licensed products yet I paid well in the license fees for these products.

HA Hugo Augusto February 13, 2023 01:18 PM UTC

I'm a Community user and never switched from Telerik Controls (that continue to support asp.net and launching new controls for it) but I really like Syncfusion controls also and although in future projects .net core Syncfusion in on the table as a possibility, this news are not good for those that rely and trust on the company products. Couldn't find an announcement warning about this, besides a paragraph on the last update where they mention something. ASP.NET controls menu were removed from the website and no clear indication for support in the future in the website or even the path in terms of future suppo.

Syncfusion, that's not the way to do such a move. You should rethink that for those who payed and invested in your products. Why not keeping an area on the website explaining your intentions to customers?

SS Sivakumar ShunmugaSundaram Syncfusion Team February 13, 2023 03:22 PM UTC

Matthew, we would like to inform you that we have resolved the deprecation and licensing-related issue in our Syncfusion EJ1 ASP.NET Web Forms Control. Therefore, you will be able to use our Syncfusion EJ1 controls in ASP.NET Web Forms application without any issues.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon