We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hotkey problem in DockingManager

Hi, I am using syncfusion version 2.0.5.1. I am facing some strange problem in the Hotkeys functionality. I am using DockingManager and TabbedMDIManager in my application. I have form which is docked/tabbed in the container window. The form has two buttons and an assigned Hotkeys. A MessageBox is shown with the tab text on clicking the button. I have created two tab windows with tab text. When I click the button the MessageBox show the corresponding tab text. When I use Hotkeys on the button the MessageBox shows the first tab window text. Here I attached a sample to illustrate the above problem. Please let me know how to resolve the problem. Steps to produce the above problem. 1. Run the application. 2. Add two tab windows by clicking the Add Menu in the application. 3. Select second tab. 4. Click the buttons to get the tab text. 5. Now use the Hotkeys (Alt+A for the Add, Alt+D for the delete) on the buttons to show the tab text. Now you can see that, the MessageBox shows the first tab window text instead of second tab window text. Thanks, Suresh Mani. DockManagerProblem_1467.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 16, 2004 05:57 PM UTC

Hi Suresh, Thanks for sending the sample. After testing with your sample I noticed that this was a bug with the .NET Framework. This behavior can be observed when using hotkeys on any MDI Child form. A newsgroup post also confirmed that this was a bug http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&threadm=%2343XNZ0xCHA.2676%40TK2MSFTNGP11&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DMDI%2Bforms%2Bhotkey%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26c2coff%3D1%26selm%3D%252343XNZ0xCHA.2676%2540TK2MSFTNGP11%26rnum%3D3 I will also see if there is any known workaround for this. Thank you for your co-operation. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >I am using syncfusion version 2.0.5.1. I am facing some strange problem in the Hotkeys functionality. I am using DockingManager and TabbedMDIManager in my application. I have form which is docked/tabbed in the container window. The form has two buttons and an assigned Hotkeys. A MessageBox is shown with the tab text on clicking the button. > >I have created two tab windows with tab text. When I click the button the MessageBox show the corresponding tab text. When I use Hotkeys on the button the MessageBox shows the first tab window text. > >Here I attached a sample to illustrate the above problem. Please let me know how to resolve the problem. > >Steps to produce the above problem. > >1. Run the application. >2. Add two tab windows by clicking the Add Menu in the application. >3. Select second tab. >4. Click the buttons to get the tab text. >5. Now use the Hotkeys (Alt+A for the Add, Alt+D for the delete) on the buttons to show the tab text. Now you can see that, the MessageBox shows the first tab window text instead of second tab window text. > > >Thanks, >Suresh Mani. > > >DockManagerProblem_1467.zip > >

SM Suresh Mani August 17, 2004 01:26 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for your reply, also thanks for the bug link. Please let me know if you find any workarround for this. Regards, Suresh Mani.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon