We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

WPF designer not recognizing license

I've placed the RegisterLicense call in the App.xaml.cs startup. This works fine for running the application. However, when using the WPF designer, it complains that I am using a trial version. I am using version 17.3.0.34 installed from NuGet. Is there another location for the license registration that is required to use WPF designer?

6 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 12, 2019 01:31 PM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Query  #:   it complains that I am using a trial version. I am using version 17.3.0.34 installed from NuGet. Is there another location for the license registration that is required to use WPF designer?

We have checked the reported scenario and suspect that you are installing nuget version with mismatching license key. So can you please ensure us the following things:

• Whether you have installed the 17.3.0.34 with appropriate license key.
  • Also whether you are referring the Syncfusion.Licensing assembly in your application.

If this does not resolves the above reported error, kindly send us the application in which you faced this error. It would be very helpful for us to check and sort out the issue at the earliest.

Regards,

Vijayalakshmi V.R.

DW David Woodford December 12, 2019 03:42 PM UTC

Under the License & Downloads section there is an "official" release of 17.3.0.14. There's another section with a service pack release with version 17.3.0.26. The official release section is the only place that allows me to download a license key. I have installed a NuGet package of version 17.3.0.34. I had guessed that the build number did not need to be the same in order to use the key with the package. Are you saying that I can only use the NuGet package of version 17.3.0.14? Is my license not allowed to use the latest code?

I am using Syncfusion.SfGrid.WPF. This has a dependency on Syncfusion.Licensing. Thus, I did not believe it was required to explicitly add a dependency on Syncfusion.Licensing. However, explicitly adding this does not change the behavior.

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 16, 2019 05:26 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Thank you for your patience. 

Query : Under the License & Downloads section there is an "official" release of 17.3.0.14. There's another section with a service pack release with version 17.3.0.26. The official release section is the only place that allows me to download a license key. I have installed a NuGet package of version 17.3.0.34. I had guessed that the build number did not need to be the same in order to use the key with the package. Are you saying that I can only use the NuGet package of version 17.3.0.14? Is my license not allowed to use the latest code? I am using Syncfusion.SfGrid.WPF. This has a dependency on Syncfusion.Licensing. Thus, I did not believe it was required to explicitly add a dependency on Syncfusion.Licensing. However, explicitly adding this does not change the behavior. 

We have asked you to ensure whether Licensing assembly has been correctly referred in your application or not, but not to explicitly refer the licensing assembly. 

Query: Licensing error on designer page. 

We are currently validating the root cause of this issue and we will let you know the complete details by 16th Dec 2019. 

Regards 
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 16, 2019 01:18 PM UTC

Hi David, 

Thank you for your patience. 

Query : Licensing error on designer page.  

We have checked the reported error and we could able to face this error on opening designer. We are currently checking with corresponding team to validate it how to restrict it in design mode. We will validate it and update you the details by 18th Dec 2019. 

Regards 
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 18, 2019 06:35 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support, 

We have checked the reported query and we could able to reproduce this error while opening the designer at runtime. We have internally fix this issue and we are planning to include this fix in our upcoming nuget release which will be published at by next week of December 2019. We will update you once it got published. 

Regards,

Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team December 24, 2019 04:10 PM UTC

Hi David, 

We are glad to announce that Syncfusion Nuget version (17.4.0.40) with the fix for the reported issue ”License error occurs on adding controls in WPF designer” has been published by today. You can download the latest nuget release . 

Please let us know if you have any other concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon