We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Install and GAC the Essential Studio for WPF 15.3.0.26 - Windows 10 - Visual Studio 2019 Community

Hi,

I was using Essential Studio for WPF 15.3.0.26 in Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2015. Recently I installed a fresh Windows 10, Visual Studio 2019 Community, and Essential Studio for WPF 15.3.0.26 there completely with GAC and Toolbox options checked.
Now I can't build my project since the references to Syncfusion WPF controls are not recognized.
I need to mention that I have installed the Assembly Manager and Toolbox Installer from the SyncfusionEssentialWPF.exe, but they have only the .Net 4.0 enabled to check, and other .Net versions such as the 4.6.1 which have been used in my project are disabled!

Do I need to install a newer version of the Essential Studio for WPF?

Regards,
Mahdi Ehsanifar

3 Replies

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 4, 2019 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Mahdi, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We recommend you to upgrade the Essential Studio version to the latest version to get Visual Studio 2019 support. As per our records, you have downloaded our Essential Studio WPF trial setup v17.2.0.46. Please install and try with the v17.2.0.46 and let us know if you need any further assistance on this.  

Note: 

Syncfusion introduced the licensing system from v16.2.0.41 only for Syncfusion NuGet packages and evaluation setup. You have to generate the license key (not unlock key) and register it when the launch of your application as specified in the below help documents. 

Also, please refer to this blog post for understanding the licensing changes introduced in Essential Studio.  

Regards, 
Vadivel Natarajan

ME Mahdi Ehsanifar September 4, 2019 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Vadivel, 

Thanks for your reply.
The problem with installing v17.2.0.46 is that requesting license and unlock keys need Linkedin or Xing account. But our license is held in the account of my colleague who doesn't have any of them and prefers not to sign up with them. Can he transfer our license to my Syncfusion account or can I request for a new license key for the company?

Regards,
Mahdi Ehsanifar

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 9, 2019 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Mahdi, 

We have created a new support incident under your direct-trac account. Please follow up that support incident for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents

Regards, 
Vadivel Natarajan  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon