We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Report Datasources

Hello,
I am trying to use the report viewer with parameters and had a bit of a snag, I tried to reproduce your own example but I get an error message: "Error    CS1503    Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Syncfusion.Reporting.Models.ReportViewer.ReportDataSource' to 'Syncfusion.Reporting.Web.ReportDataSource'"
Pls find atached the code from my webapi controller, is it a problem with the report version? I am using latest Reporting nuget packages V 4.1.025. without using parameters, I've gotten the report to work fine. Note my only objective is to use parameters that are hidden and passed to the report at runtime I was thinking a simple solution maybe using session variables? Thanks in advance 

Attachment: reperror_b4296ba3.7z

3 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 6, 2019 09:15 AM UTC

Hi Yoab, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have validated your shared snap and the issue occurs due to the namespace mismatch. Since you are using latest ReportPlatform nuget then we suggest you to use “Syncfusion.Reporting.Web.ReportDataSource” namespace to resolve this issue in your sample application. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

YY Yoab Youssoufou August 6, 2019 10:31 AM UTC

Thanks, its ok now

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 6, 2019 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Yoab, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon