We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Community Edition License

I found the page that talks about the community edition being free for companies under $1 million in revenue, which my company qualifies for.  However after downloading and installing the only license I see is a 30 day trial, not a perpetual license.  I was hoping to start work on a project this weekend, but I need to know if this is for real.
Thanks,

Phil

46 Replies

VK Vinoth Kumar Perumal Syncfusion Team February 19, 2018 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Phil,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support,  

Syncfusion community license can be download from the below page. We are allowing only the LinkedIn authentication to download our Community License.    

As per our record, you have already login through Syncfusion and download our Windows- Forms and Essential Studio Setup. So, please follow the below steps:   

1.    1) From the below link, you can download our community license.  
2.      2) Once license tied up with your account, you can download our latest version product from below link  

3.      3) To unlock our products, please follow the provided steps in KB article.  

Regards,   
Vinoth Kumar Perumal  

PM Phil McIntosh February 19, 2018 11:03 AM UTC

I am not on LinkedIn, nor do I ever intend to be again.  They mine your email address book and won't even own up to it.  Yes I am sure of this - every time I replied to a post in a journal in my email within 24 hours I got "you may know these people" emails listing family and friends that I had no business or LinkedIn connection with.
If there is no other option then I will not be using your products.

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team February 23, 2018 10:41 PM UTC

Hello Phil, 

We thank you for your interest in our controls.   I apologize for the inconvenience.  We are updating our authentication process.  Currently you will need to login through LinkedIn to download the community license.  We are also adding a feature that you can contact our Sales Department directly to have information verified. 

Please be advised that you will receive our community license key in a seperate email. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Best,
SaBrena 

SaBrena Wallace | Director of Training 
2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Suite 200 | Morrisville, NC 27560 | USA 
+1 919.481.2330| Fax: +1 919.573.0306 
Simplify your software licensing with one low annual fee. Learn more 

JO John October 18, 2018 02:13 PM UTC

This is preventing me from getting older versions of the products as well, and I also do not have a linked-in account. It wasn't required before so I am confused why you would change a working system to one requiring signups on a third party site (who do indeed steal all your emails) - surely requiring someone to sign up with a site they don't think is secure is not ideal? Can you please explain why you have moved to this system?

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team October 29, 2018 01:32 PM UTC

Hello Phil, 
Thank you for your patience.  Our web team is currently working on a way to override the validation requirements through LinkedIn.  
Once completed, I will update you and your account.  

Best,
SaBrena 

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team October 30, 2018 01:15 PM UTC

Hello Phil, 

Thank you for your patience; we have updated your account to bypass the validation process.  
You should be able to login and get your license keys promptly.  
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  

Thanks,
SaBrena 

AF Alessandro Facchini November 5, 2018 01:39 PM UTC

Hello

I just got a license key from this page: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/downloads

I'm a single developer so i think i'm entitled to communityedition.

I assume the license i downloaded from the above link is perpetual as I assume it's a community edition.

Is that correct?

my best regards

alessandro facchini

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team November 5, 2018 02:13 PM UTC

Hello Alessandro, 
Syncfusion thanks you for your interest in our community license. 
Please be advised that our community license can be used by any individual or organization that meets both criteria noted below: 

• Gross revenue is less than $1M USD annually
  • The organization contains 5 or less developers
As long as these requirements are met; you can use our community license continuosly.  
Best,
SaBrena

AF Alessandro Facchini November 5, 2018 06:52 PM UTC

thanks very much

Regards

alessandro facchini

AF Aaron Fischer November 6, 2018 03:51 PM UTC

What is the time frame for the removal of linked in and xing account link requirement?  I am already a long existing customer there is no need to validate me, and even if there was requiring a link to linkedin with the permissions you ask for is not acceptable.

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team November 12, 2018 12:31 PM UTC

Hello Aaron, 
We thank you for your continued business with Syncfusion.  I understand your concerns in reference to validating your account.   
I can assist you with requesting a bypass on the credentials; I will need more information from you as we have several "Aaron Fischer's in our database.  
May I request your email address to get this process started for you? 
Best,
SaBrena 

JY Jim Young November 14, 2018 08:39 PM UTC

I would also like to know how I can receive updates to the Community Edition without involving a 3rd party authenticator. I've been using your products for some time and use them in existing programs. If this is not possible I'll have to stop using Syncfusion controls.

US United Software Consultants Inc November 28, 2018 02:04 PM UTC

Thank you for the auspicious write up . Really great work done.

Custom website design services NJ I NJ IT services 

DV Drew Vo tinh January 3, 2019 02:49 AM UTC

Hello, is this community license authentic, it seems very hard to get.

I am doing some dev. from vietnam and wanted to complain about how difficult and ridiculous this process has been.

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team January 3, 2019 03:45 PM UTC

Updated on 1/2/2019, 9:49 PM by Drew Vo tinh. 
Hello, is this community license authentic, it seems very hard to get. 

I am doing some dev. from vietnam and wanted to complain about how difficult and ridiculous this process has been.

Hello Drew, 
I have updated your account information and you now have a community license in your account.  Please follow the instructions I sent in a separate email. 
Best,
SaBrena 

TB Tony Basallo January 28, 2019 08:33 PM UTC

Hello, another long time user, even paid product for older versions. I am trying to download the latest versions and not able to w/o LinkedIn - which I will not do. I have no need for LinkedIn.

Now requiring a LinkedIn/XING login is not the greatest way to authenticate whatever it is you're trying to authenticate.

Can this requirement be removed from my account, please?

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team January 29, 2019 04:10 PM UTC

Hello Tony, 
We thank you for your continued business with Syncfusion.  May I have your email address so I may send you updates directly to your account. 
Thanks,
SaBrena 

RB Rolf Bremer February 15, 2019 02:35 PM UTC

Hello Syncfusion,

we are also a user of the previous version and want to upgrade - but we also have (and want) no LinkedIn or Xing account.
Any other chance to get the community license?

Rolf Bremer

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team February 18, 2019 05:00 PM UTC

@ Rolf Bremer: We thank you for your interest in Syncfusion.  I will send you an email to your email address. 
Best,
SaBrena 

MA Markus Arndt February 21, 2019 11:47 AM UTC

Hello,

I have a community license and wanted to download the current version of the installer. However surprisingly that "Community License Validation" dialog popped up instead. So I click on Xing and a window to login into Xing opens. After I logged into my Xing accout the window closes without errors, but that "Community License Validation" does not close. I can't get rid of it to finally proceed to downloading the installer. This whole system seems somewhat buggy to me.

My question is: is there a way to generate my keys and download the current installer without having to go through that system that doesn't work for me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team February 22, 2019 05:57 PM UTC

@Markus Arndt: We thank you for you interest in Syncfusion.  I will send you an email to your email address. 

Best,
SaBrena 

JO Joaquin February 24, 2019 06:12 PM UTC

Hello,

I used to have a community synfusion license from a couple years ago, but when i try to download the software a "Community License Validation" modal appears, i would validate but i dont have an account in those social networks.

Im still elegible for this offer since im a single developer

Is there anything i can do about this?

Thanks!

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 04:35 PM UTC

@Joaquin: Can you please provide your complete email address so I may review your account. 

Thanks,
SaBrena 

JO Joaquin replied to SaBrena Wallace February 28, 2019 03:10 AM UTC

@Joaquin: Can you please provide your complete email address so I may review your account. 

Thanks,
SaBrena 

Hello Sabrena,

My account email address is:
webmaster@solu-labs.com

Thanks!

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team March 4, 2019 04:39 AM UTC

@Joaquin: I have sent you an email to your personal account.  Please review and let e know if you have any questions. 

Thanks, 
SaBrena 

NS Nicolai Siggel March 16, 2019 11:29 PM UTC

I'm not sure how where things are at this point, but I am in a similar situation.
I signed up for a community license over 2 years ago, and hadn't worked on the specific project in a long time.
I just went to resume some testing on the Xamarin.Forms app I'd prototyped and after updating nuget packages got prompted for license keys...
I realize SyncFusion changed the way the packages check, and was following the guidelines, but I don't seem to be able to get keys, even though I though the community license would allow.

Now when I look at my account, I have the following message
We have redirected you to the licensed setup downloads section under your account since you already have a license. Please use this location for downloading licensed products in the future.

and I don't seem to be able to use the Get Unlock Key, there is a message indicating
Your license expired on September 25, 2017. Renew your subscription to get access to the latest version.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team March 19, 2019 02:20 PM UTC

@Nicolai Siggel: I have sent you an email to your personal account.  Please review and let me know if you have any questions. 

Best, 
SaBrena 

CS Concetto Schiavone May 8, 2019 05:39 PM UTC

Hello,

i have a community edition but i do not want to register to Linkedin or Xing.

Is there anything i can do about this?

Thanks.

CH Christian July 2, 2019 08:02 PM UTC

I just downloaded the COmmunity version and I generated the unlock code, I installed it and unlocked it, I installed some components to my XF project but the "30-days" licence notification appears when the app loads.

What should I need to do? I reinstalled the nugets from the local folder (in C:) but the problem stills.

BH Bernd Henker July 5, 2019 07:17 AM UTC

I own a community license and want to upgrade - I do not have a LinkedIn or Xing account and I don't want one.
Is there any other chance to update the community license?

Bernd

TJ Trevor Jones July 6, 2019 10:50 AM UTC

I also do not wish to register/associate with a 3rd party for access to your fabulous community edition, please could you amend my account also?
Thanks

TR Trav July 16, 2019 03:47 PM UTC

Hello Syncfusion, I previously went through the validation and registration step for my community license, but now again its asking me.

I hope you can let Xign know you are using their platform, verification through their platform is unreliable and I have tried to repeat this, its not working. They keep telling me they will look into it, like a bot response.

RM Ryan Madison Syncfusion Team July 23, 2019 08:55 PM UTC

Hello Bernd, 

Please use LinkedIn (it is free and only take a few moments) 

Best, 
Ryan 

VO volkan-a July 25, 2019 01:33 AM UTC

When every time I try to sign in with LinkedIn, I got this error message:

"We could not process your request because your account is not associated with a valid email address, you denied access to basic information, or you canceled the login process."

BH Bernd Henker July 25, 2019 07:37 AM UTC

In the past, I have been constantly receiving news from Xing and other platforms, although I am not registered and will never register there. I find these constant unwanted mails a nuisance and find it very unfortunate that registration is only possible on these platforms. Other vendors handle things differently and I will adapt my behavior accordingly and unfortunately, as a component vendor, Syncfusion, although the component composition and quality of the components have always been very good.

Best Regards
Bernd

MH Michael Hoffmann July 28, 2019 12:01 AM UTC

Adding to the dubious linking of accounts to LinkedIn, it now seems that you get locked into an eternal loop from hell:

I've been trying to get a new community edition license. I was a paid up subscriber until SF graciously introduced the community edition for small devs, which is fantastic.

After a hiatus, I ended up having to upgrade my entire Xamarin dev environment in one go (don't ask), and therefore required a new key.

As a result I'm in an endless loop of Get License Key -> Verify with LinkedIn -> Get License Key -> Verify with LinkedIn and so on. Alternative methods either give me "you already have a community edition license please get your key with ... Get License Key" or "you are already verified with LinkedIn". And the loop goes on!

Argh!

KF Kerri Fieldhouse July 28, 2019 06:46 PM UTC

Hi

I too cannot get past the LinkedIn verification loop, it just keeps asking me to login and I cannot access the downloads.

I don't know why I need to do this as I have held this account for some years and previously downloaded from it.

Please would you update my account so I can access the community edition.

Many thanks

Kerri

account email: sales@onyxsoftware.co.uk

KF Kristian Francischini July 30, 2019 06:18 AM UTC

Hi

I too cannot get past the LinkedIn verification loop, it just keeps asking me to login and I cannot access the downloads.

I don't know why I need to do this as I have held this account for some years and previously downloaded from it.

Many thanks

Kristian Francischini

MH Michael Hoffmann July 30, 2019 07:44 AM UTC

Thank you to the SF team member who fixed the license download issue by removing the annoying LinkedIn requirement. I was successfully able to get a key.

PR Padmini Ramamurthy Syncfusion Team July 30, 2019 10:02 AM UTC

HI Michael, 

Glad that the issue has been resolved and please get back to us if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Padmini 

JL jose lara July 31, 2019 12:47 AM UTC

I did download your community edition. However, I found npm install to be more convenient. How can I use my community license to validate my npm installation?

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team August 1, 2019 05:31 AM UTC

Hi Jose,  

Anybody can download our npm package. However, to use our package legally they needed to get license from us by visiting syncfusion.com and signing up for license. This is also mentioned in our licensing document in npm package. Please find its content from GitHub link 

We don’t have any source level license validation, so you don’t have to do anything in your application for license validation. Our current license validation are fully based on support and new feature requests. 

Please get back to us if you require any more assistance on this.  

Regards, 
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

KF Kerri Fieldhouse replied to Kerri Fieldhouse August 7, 2019 10:59 AM UTC

Hi

Many thanks

Kerri

account email: sales@onyxsoftware.co.uk

Many thanks, all sorted now.

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team August 7, 2019 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Kerri Fieldhouse,

Glad that the issue has been resolved and please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Regards,
Vadivel Natarajan

JE Jemuel October 4, 2022 04:56 AM UTC

Hi, 

Im also a single developer and deploying my application in Docker, but when the application loads, it is displaying this message:

"This application was built using a trial version of Syncfusion Essential Studio. Please include a valid license to permanently remove this license validation message. You can also obtain a free 30 day evaluation license to temporarily remove this message during the evaluation period. Please refer to this help topic for more information."

I dont get this message in my local when i run the application, please help advice, thanks.

n."

RS Ragunath Sukumaran Syncfusion Team October 10, 2022 02:55 PM UTC

Hi Jemuel,

We have introduced license key validation for Essential JS2 platforms from the 2022 Volume 1 release(v20.1.47). This licensing key validation will enforce the developer to register the valid licensing key in an application while referring to any of the latest packages, either from npm or CDN or build.

We also have a way to register the license key using the npx command. If you are facing issues while registering license key in the main.ts file, we suggest you to register the license key using npx command. We have provide the support, registering the license key using npx command in the volume 2 2022 release (v20.2.0.36),

For generating and registering a license key please refer to the following documentation.

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/documentation/licensing/license-key-generation/

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/documentation/licensing/license-key-registration/

https://www.syncfusion.com/blogs/post/introducing-license-key-validation-for-the-essential-js-2-platforms.aspx

Please get back to us if you have any queries.

Regards,

Ragunath S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon