We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Print landscape report silently

Hello,

I print my rdlc reports with the code from the kb: kb9658

Now he always prints in portrait mode. See attached files.

What do I have to change to print in landscape mode?

best regards
Chris

Attachment: failure_cce56139.zip

3 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 25, 2019 08:59 AM UTC

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Components. 

If your requirement is to print the report in Landscape mode, then you have to change the report orientation as “Landscape” from Report Properties. Please find the below steps for changing report orientation. 

1.      Right click on the “Report” area in RDLC report and select Report Properties. 

2.      Now change the Orientation of the report as Landscape to print the report in “Landscape” mode. 

If you still face any issue, then please share your RDLC report with us and it will be helpful for us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

CF Christian Franken June 25, 2019 08:27 PM UTC

Hello,
thanks for the first answer :)

Unfortunately, I had already set the report to landscape format.

I have attached a video in which the process (checking report and printing) can be viewed.

In addition, I saved the generated pdf.
(reportWriter.Save(stream, WriterFormat.PDF);
//save pdf to fs (test purpose) (pdf attached)
reportWriter.Save("test.pdf", WriterFormat.PDF);)

Regards,
Chris

Attachment: error_9b164eb0.zip

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 26, 2019 10:10 AM UTC

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for you update. 

We have further validated the reported problem at our end and the PDF exported with Landscape orientation properly. While printing the report it uses the printer installed in your machine, so you have to set the paper orientation as Landscape in printer settings to print the report in Landscape mode. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon