We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hyperlink in pdf file which link to section,named destination,section in another pdf file

How to create hyperlink in pdf file which link to section,named destination,section in another pdf file

I have attached two sample pdf files. Which contains our actual requirement.

In sample_1 pdf file there is a hyperlinkLink to sample_2 pdf file. While clicking the link it will open sample_2 pdf on a certain page and destination (My Location (Named Destination)).
Note: Both file should be in same location.

Attachment: My_Doc_f5b70de4.rar

3 Replies

SK Surya Kumar Syncfusion Team June 27, 2019 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Raheem, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Currently we are supporting to navigate the external documents like images, text files, PDF and etc. by using PdfFileLinkAnnotation instance. You can refer the following UG documentation link for further details.  

At present we do not have support for linking another PDF document with specific location (named destination/section). We have logged this as a feature request in our data base and we will implement this in support in any of our upcoming releases. 

Regards, 
Surya Kumar 

JT Jason Tan December 29, 2020 09:20 AM UTC

Hi Support,

This question was asked more than a year ago, so currently is there already support for linking another PDF document with specific location (named destination/section) ?

Thanks,
Jason

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team December 30, 2020 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Jason,  

Sorry for the inconvenience.  

As we said in our previous update, we suggest to use PdfFileLinkAnnotation to link another PDF document. But we could not able to move to the particular location on another PDF document and we did implement the feature “Support for linking another PDF document with specific location (named destination/section)”.  Please let us know if you have any concerns on this.  

Regards, 
Sowmiya Loganathan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon