We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Expression Columns dont work in multi datasource

Dear Syncfusion,
I created different data source from one dashboard, meaning userA log on he can see the information from databaseA when userB log on see data from databaseB usgin the Same Dashboard, its working fine with te datasource direct data but when userB open a Dashboard with expression columns the widget appears with error "Data retrival Error" but the userA can see it OK (the base dashboard was created with databaseA).

How can i fix it? Or i cannot use expression columns with multiple datasources even when we duplicate the first.

Thank Yoiu

5 Replies

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team June 7, 2019 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Could you please confirm that you faced the issue “Data retrieval error in widgets” while assigning datasource by using “Update Datasource” in Dashboard Server and log on to view it based on User specific like in the below image? 

If you get the reported issue in different case, please let us know. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

JC Juan Chau June 17, 2019 07:32 PM UTC

Yes,
i create datasource for each user (and database), everything its ok but expression columns, 

How can i fix it?

Thank You

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team June 18, 2019 07:19 AM UTC

Hi Juan,  

Thanks for your confirmation.  

The reported issue “Update Data source is not working for Expression column” is known issue at our end. We have already fixed this issue and the fix will be available in our upcoming Dashboard platform version 4.1 release which is expected to be rolled out by the end of this month. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

JC Juan Chau July 20, 2019 02:57 PM UTC

Dear Syncfusion,
I notice that a new version of the Dashboard has been released, i want to know if this problem was also fixed in this new version, and by then way i found that the pivot grid fails in the same scenario, when change the datasource by user group and use a pivot grid when you try to drill down information the grid fails, some times nothings appears (no detail information) other times show the wrong datasource.

Thank You
Juan Chau

JR Jenitta Rachel Chellapandian Syncfusion Team July 22, 2019 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Please find the response for the below query. 

Query 
Response 

I notice that a new version of the Dashboard has been released, i want to know if this problem was also fixed in this new version? 

We have fixed the reported issue “Update Data source is not working for Expression column” in v4.1.0.84 

If you face the same issue again, let us know your data source connection type for further investigation ? 

By then way i found that the pivot grid fails in the same scenario, when change the datasource by user group and use a pivot grid when you try to drill down information the grid fails, sometimes nothings appears (no detail information) other times show the wrong datasource. 
Can you please confirm, whether the published dashboard is a public dashboard or private dashboard and also the build version which reproduces this issue? 

It will be really helpful, if you share the video with the replication procedure of showing the wrong datasource. 

Thanks, 
C Jenitta Rachel 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon