We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Conditional Formatting on Rows

Hi there,
When using a PivotGrid in Sync Fusion report designer, is it possible to change the colour of a row based on the contents of a field in that row?

For example I have columns a grid of: 

Case #      Date             Priority      Customer, 
1               30/04/2011   High          Bob
2               25/02/0012   Low          Dave  

could I change the colour of the row red when the Priority is High? Many thanks

5 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 6, 2019 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion components. 

Currently, we don’t have an option to change the background color of the row based on the field value in Pivot Grid, so we suggest you to use the Tablix control to achieve your requirement. You need to set the below expression for the background property of each cell in that row for your requirement. 

=IIf(Fields!Priority.Value = "High", "Red", "Transparent") 

We have prepared a simple report based on this and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

ML Matt Lawrence June 6, 2019 12:11 PM UTC

Many thanks Vinoth,

I have attempted to alter the expression to exactly what I need and unfortunately this hasn't work.  I should note that I am using the Web Designer, so the only options I have for the table are the Grid and PivotGrid.

I have attached screenshots of what I have attempted.

Attachment: screenshots_87ceb3bc.zip

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 6, 2019 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for your update. 

Could you please update us the Report Server version you are using at your end, since we have provided Tablix report item support in 3.2.0.40 release version. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

ML Matt Lawrence June 6, 2019 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

I believe I am using 3.1.0.34.

Kind regards,

Matt

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 7, 2019 07:39 AM UTC

Hi Matt, 

We suggest you to upgrade to our latest report platform release to use the Tablix report item. Please download our Syncfusion Report Platform, 2019 v4.1.0.16 builds from below link. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon