We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Use themes in custom user controls built with SF components and WinForms components

I am building a few custom user controls for my application where I am using a few SF controls (progressBar and autoLabel) but also standard WinForms components (groupBox).

Now, theming is working horribly because the theme is applied to the SF components but I have no way to get the the primary and secondary colors of the theme to apply programmatically to the non-SF components. Also, the standard Windows UserControl (the parent of the SF controls) should be themeable somehow. How do I go about that?

3 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 31, 2019 02:32 PM UTC

Hi Emilio, 

We have considered to provide support for “Export primary color values on Theme Editor exported DLL” and logged the feature request for the same. We will include this feature in our any upcoming release. 

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.  

You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page.    

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V

EG Emilio Grimaldo May 31, 2019 06:47 PM UTC

Basically I want to be able to maintain consistency with the theme in forms where I don´t use 100% SF components. Also, I see that in ThemeStudio the user specifies a primary background color and a primary background color but the controls sampled in the ThemeStudio demo, show variants of the primary background color. For example, if I select Purple as my primary background, I see that the selected lines in listboxes etc. are not the primary color but a lighter version (i.e. light violet). If the feature is implemented make sure to also export those secondary colors. 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 3, 2019 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Emilio, 

Thank you for your update. 

As mentioned, we have already considered this requirement. In Theme Studio, we are maintaining an internal implementation to prepare / configure needed colors from chosen primary color. 

For example, if user has chosen the Color blue, our internal implementation will configure colors for all the cases [Back color, Fore color, Border color] from it with respect to its state [Normal, Hover, Pressed and Active etc.] 

We will notify you once it is implemented and provide you complete details to utilize our Theme studio application for your requirement. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon