We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dynamically enabling / disabling toolbar

Hi,

I'm playing around with the PdfViewer for my Piano Practice App.
The PdfViewer is used to show a PDF music sheet.
The music sheet should be normally shown full screen for readibility reasons, nevertheless the user should be able to add annotations when required.
Therefore I would like to provide a hiding / unhiding navigation bar (already working) and in addition an edit button to enable / disable the PdfViewer toolbar.
Unfortunately it looks as it is not possible to do this dynamically as the toolbar can not be switched on once the PdfViewer was initialized.

Am I missing something or is there a way to refresh the viewer in order to show or hide the toolbar?

Thank you
Arno

4 Replies

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team May 27, 2019 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Arno, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

At present we do not have support for “Enable or disable the toolbar dynamically using SfPdfViewer”. We will consider this as a feature request and we will provide support for this feature in our 2019 Vol 2 release which is expected to be available at the end of June 2019. 

Regards, 
Sathish  

DA Dr. Arno Pernozzoli November 7, 2019 09:19 AM UTC

Hi,

I still don't see any working option for enabling and disabling the toolbar at runtime of the App, at least in iOS.
Are there any plans to support this feature in future?

Currently when I try to disable the toolbar at runtime, the bottom status bar is shifted upwards, the toolbar doesn't disappear.
Enabling again further shifts the bottom bar, the viewer doesnt't react any longer on any user touch.

Thank you
Arno

JP Jhansi Priya Ramesh Syncfusion Team November 8, 2019 03:59 PM UTC

Hi Arno, 

At present,we do not have support for “Enable or disable the toolbar dynamically using SfPdfViewer”. We do not have any immediate plans to implement this feature. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest.    

Based on our present commitments and the above parameters, this feature is expected to be implemented in our 2020 Volume 2 main release. We will let you know when this feature is implemented.   

Disclaimer: The date for the feature implementation is tentative and not a commitment on our parts.    

You can now track the status of this feature request here,         

Regards, 
Jhansi Priya Ramesh 

AV Ashokkumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team August 31, 2020 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Arno, 

We have implemented the support for “Enable or disable the toolbar dynamically using SfPdfViewer in our 2020 Volume 2 Main Release v18.2.0.44.   

Please find the feedback link for the issue,  

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2020 Volume 2 Main Release v18.2.0.44 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.  

Regards,  
Ashok Kumar Viswanathan.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon