We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SFListView Issue: TypeLoadException: Parent class vtable failed to initialize,SFListView Issue: TypeLoadException: Parent class vtable failed to initialize,

I'm having some trouble with the new Xamarin.Forms, with version 3.5.0.129542.
The app starts normally in UWP, but in Android when I try to open any page that contains a sfListView control, the TypeLoadException gets thrown with the following description:

Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An error occurred during the activation of a particular registration. See the inner exception for details. Registration: Activator = ServiceItemsView (ReflectionActivator), Services = [ServiceItems (System.Object)], Lifetime = Autofac.Core.Lifetime.CurrentScopeLifetime, Sharing = None, Ownership = OwnedByLifetimeScope ---> An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor()' on type 'ServiceItemsView'. ---> VTable setup of type Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.SfListView failed (See inner exception for details.) (See inner exception for details.) ---> Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor()' on type 'ServiceItemsView'. ---> VTable setup of type Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.SfListView failed (See inner exception for details.) ---> System.TypeLoadException: VTable setup of type Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.SfListView failed

at XamApp.Views.ServiceItemsView..ctor

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

5 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 10, 2019 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Maryam,    

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.    

The reported issue occurs in Xamarin framework and we have already logged a bug report to Xamarin team. Please find the Xamarin bug report in the below link.    

And they replied that the issue has been resolved in the Xamarin stable version. For example, 3.4.0.1039999 is the stable version in Xamarin 3.4 update. So, we suggest you to upgrade your application to Xamarin stable version to resolve the issue at your end.    

Regards,    
Dinesh Babu Yadav   

MA maryam May 10, 2019 03:46 PM UTC

Thank you.

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 13, 2019 04:09 AM UTC

Hi Maryam, 

Thanks for the update, please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

SS Sachin Shelar May 15, 2019 09:31 AM UTC

I am having this problem with the latest stable version of Xamarin.Forms(3.6.0.344457)
I had recommended Syncfusion controls in my office and was about to purchase a licence for Xamarin.Forms but now I cant go ahead.

Never faced such an issue before. Below is the error

System.TypeLoadException: Parent class vtable failed to initialize, due to: VTable setup of type Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.Android.Renderer.ScrollViewRenderer failed assembly:/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.companyname.SyncFusionListView/files/.__override__/Syncfusion.SfListView.XForms.Android.dll type:ScrollViewRenderer member:(null)

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team May 15, 2019 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Sachin, 

Apologize for the inconvenience caused.  

As stated in last update, the reported issue occurs from Xamarin Framework when SfListView like custom controls are used in Android platform. We have already forwarded the query to the Xamarin team and they confirmed this as bug report. Please find the bug report in the following link. 

Also, they have provided some suggestions with Xamarin.Forms version which we have mentioned in the previous update. If you are still facing the issue in the reported version, we suggest you to please downgrade the Xamarin.Forms version to 3.4.0.1039999 or 3.5.0.274416 as mentioned by the Xamarin team to resolve the issue at the application itself until the Xamarin team includes in the fix in the reported version. Please refer the Xamarin team suggested comments in the following link. 

We have also raised the query to Xamarin team related to the mentioned Xamarin.Forms v3.6.0.344457 in the above bug report and will update you once they have shared the response to the query. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon