We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Energize the special date of the calendar

Hello I use the component Calendar: special date. https://ej2.syncfusion.com/react/demos/#/material/calendar/special-dates

however i will like in the event change that when i change a date in my calendar, the event renderDayCell  is called to change the special dates.

Thanks in advance and  regards, 

3 Replies

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team April 25, 2019 10:50 AM UTC

Hi Toko Fidele 

Our calendar component, we were able identify the calendar input changes using change event. And, able to identify each day cell rendering process in calendar by using renderDayCell event. These two events are differed and there is no unique process for those events. So, could you please let us know, why you are expecting the renderDayCell event for change the special dates in calendars and update your exact use case of your scenario. This would be more helpful to provide the suggestion for your requirement and resolve the problem at earliest. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B.  

TF TOKO FIDELE April 25, 2019 01:29 PM UTC

Hello Ashokkumar Balasubramanian. 

I would like to make the special date dynamic based on the choice of a date in the calendar, a random function is triggered and two-day referrals that will be considered the next special date.

Example:  days 11 and 13 are selected.

When the user chooses one day, for example 15, the random function is triggered and returns two days: 20 and 26. these two days are selected in the calendar

and the other two days (11 and 13) are deselected

Thanks in advance and  regards,

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team April 26, 2019 01:29 PM UTC

Hi Toko Fidele, 

As per your requested customization, we have used change and renderDayCell event to add the special dates on each day selection. Please check the below sample.  

In the above sample, we have added the special dates icon to the 5 and 10 date value from the selected date value. You can change the calculation for rendering the special dates based on your application needs. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon