We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Proxy settings for HtmlToPdfConverter BlinkConverterSettings

I need to use the blink engine to convert some pages to PDF, but my webapp is hosted on a server that requires a proxy for outgoing traffic. I see that you are running chromium instances under the hood. Chromium accepts manual proxy arguments, but BlinkConverterSettings does not expose the proxy as an option. Please add this, as I can't use your product without it.

4 Replies

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team April 24, 2019 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Greeting from Syncfusion.  

At present, Blink rendering engine supports system proxy settings only and does not support for manual proxy. We have already logged this feature for manual proxy settings support in Blink rendering engine in our feature’s list and it will be available on our upcoming volume 2, 2019 release which will be available on June 2019. 

The status of this features can be tracked using following link.    

Regards, 
Abirami 

PA Patrick May 1, 2019 09:43 PM UTC

Rather than just exposing proxy settings in a one-off way, it would be better if you let us provide an argument list that gets passed to the chrome command line. Chrome has a lot of options that you can configure via command line flags, and by giving us access to this you would immediately make your product a lot more useful.

PV Prakash Viswanathan Syncfusion Team May 3, 2019 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

At present, Blink rendering engine do not have support for adding chrome command line arguments for converting HTML to PDF. We have logged a feature request “Support for adding command line arguments in Blink rendering engine” in our feature’s list and it will be available on our upcoming volume 2, 2019 release which will be available on June 2019.  

The status of this feature can be tracked using following link.     

Regards, 
Prakash V 

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team July 1, 2019 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 
We are glad to announce that the "Support for adding command line arguments in Blink rendering engine" is implemented and it is included in our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 2 Beta release v17.2.0.28.

Please download our latest Essential Studio 2019 Volume 2 Beta release v17.2.0.28 from the below link.
https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/145548/essential-studio-2019-volume-2-beta-release-v17-2-0-28-is-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon