We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Question about data and users permission

Dear Syncfusion,
I used the Dashboard server some months ago, but i cant figured out how to do this:
I have 4 business units in one database, they are divided by a column key in each table, i need to create 5 users that use the same dashboard but the information must be filtered (One can read all the data and the others must read only is own business unit data). There is a way to configure it?
Another way its to divided in 4 databases but there is a way the same dashboard report to select diferent database acording to the user?

Thank you

Estimados Syncfusion,
He utilizado el servidor de dashboard hace unos meses, pero no puede darme una idea de como hacer lo siguiente:
Tengo la data de 4 unidades de negocio en una sola base de datos, estas se dividen por una columna llave en cada tabla, necesito crear 5 usuarios que utilicen el mismo dashboard pero que este tenga filtros (uno de los usuarios pueda ver toda la data pero que los otros solo puedan ver la data de su unidad de negocio) existe una manera de hacerlo?
Otra forma es dividirlo en 4 base de datos, pero existe una manera de que el mismo reporte seleccione una base de datos diferente dependiendo del usuario.

Muchas gracias

1 Reply

SK Sabapathy K  Syncfusion Team March 25, 2019 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Please below find the response for your queries. 

I have 4 business units in one database, they are divided by a column key in each table, i need to create 5 users that use the same dashboard but the information must be filtered (One can read all the data and the others must read only is own business unit data). There is a way to configure it? 
We had already logged a feature request for this requirement which can be tracked through the following feedback portal link, 

Please upvote this feature to make this our priority. While this feature itself is important we will prioritize the features every release, based on the user demands.  

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request you can add it as a comment in the portal. 
Another way it’s to divided in 4 databases but there is a way the same dashboard report to select different database according to the user? 
We can change the data of the dashboard dynamically by assigning different data sources to Groups. Refer the help link below,   

To use this feature for your requirement you need to follow the below steps,   
  1. Create different data sources for all these databases.
    [Data source 1, Data source 2, Data source 3, Data source 4]  
    https://help.syncfusion.com/dashboard-platform/dashboard-server/dashboard-designer-web/dashboard-designer-walk-through#connecting-to-data  
  1. Consider the user 1, user 2 to user 10 should view data from database 1.
  2. Create group (Group 1) and assign those users to the Group.
  3. For the dashboard, map the Data source 1 for Group 1 using the above mentioned feature.
Repeat the same step for all the databases. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Sabapathy K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon