We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

rotator performance and gesture

hi,
i'm using your rotator with 5 images.. it is very slow.. can you improve performance?
also the gesture are not very well, i mean that i should move from right to left crossing the screen center.. but in the real app it is enough swipe without cross the center.
let me know.
thanks

7 Replies

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 11, 2019 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Alberto,

We have checked the reported issue "rotator performance and gesture" and the SfRotator is working as expected.
Please provide us with more details about the issue and it will help us to provide the exact solution.
Please find the attached sample below:

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Rotator_(5)-1731631803

Regards
Vanaja R.A.

LU Luca March 11, 2019 01:02 PM UTC

hi,
i'm not saying that is not working,  i told that is super slow and the gesture is not a real one.
is there a way in order to speed up?

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 13, 2019 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Alberto,

Query 1: Performance issue on scrolling

We have deployed our provided sample in last update in Moto G4 device(Version 7.0 with API level 24) and we were unable to reproduce the performance issue on swiping the rotator item.We have provided the video for your reference. Please download it from the below link.

Video link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Video1442700448

Please let us know in which device you could reproduce the issue with its configuration details so that it would help us to proceed further.

Query 2: Swipe without cross the center

In our current implementation of SfCarousel, the selected item gets updated only when swiping by crossing the center of the page. It is the current behaviour of our control.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

LU Luca April 8, 2019 12:10 PM UTC

hi,
i'm loading 5 images full screen and it is super slow... we need to fix this also in IOS version.. 

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team April 9, 2019 04:59 AM UTC

Hi Alberto, 

Thanks for your update, we have analyzed your query and we are unable to confirm that you are using Xamarin.Android or Xamarin.Forms.  

Could you let us know, which platform you are currently using so that we would be able to provide you the appropriate solution for your query?  

Also, please share the images loaded in your application or share the image size and resolution, this will be helpful for us to give better solution in this.  

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

LU Luca April 9, 2019 07:45 PM UTC

hi,
i'm using 5 images jpg 1000x2000 pixel avg kb 130.
let me know thanks

JK Jeya Kasipandi Syncfusion Team April 10, 2019 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Alberto, 
Thanks for your update. We have created a sample with a high-resolution image in Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS sample. But, we are not able to reproduce the reported performance issue at our end. For using high resolution images in Android we have to add the images in the drawable-xxxhdpi folder rather than adding in drawable folder. 
Please find the sample from below link 
Please find the video for this 
Since we are not aware of the exact scenario in which this issue is occurring in your application, we request you to try our sample and provide us the video or modify the sample above and send it back to us to replicate the issue. This will be helpful for us to provide you a good solution and improve us to serve you better. 
Regards, 
Jeya k 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon