We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to expand a cell in a Syncfusion Angular Grid?

Hi,
I'm using Syncfusion GirdComponent in my project and instead of using command column, I want to have a column with just a toggle button for each row and when I click on the button the cell expands horizontally and other buttons appear - and I want just that cell expands not the whole column- and with the second click the cell goes back to it's first state. I tried adding another css class to the td element (parent of the toggle button) and in that class I give a higher width but it doesn't change. 
is there any way I can do this?

3 Replies

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team February 26, 2019 04:24 AM UTC

Hi Nastaran, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query #1: want to have a column with just a toggle button for each row and when I click on the button the cell expands horizontally and other buttons appear 

From the query we suspect that you would like to use the detailTemplate and show the custom buttons or elements. Please refer to the below online demo for your reference, 

Query #2: I want just that cell expands not the whole column 

By default grid does not expand in the cell level but cells can be expanded according the requirements. Please refer to the below tree grid demo, 

If the above provided solution does not meet your requirement, then please get back to us with a detailed requirement and scenario details. 

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

NA Nastaran March 2, 2019 04:39 AM UTC

Hi,
Thank you for answering my question. I checked the links but they weren't what I was looking for. I used another solution for my question.
thanks again.

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team March 4, 2019 05:33 AM UTC

Hi Nastaran,  

Thanks for your update. 

Please contact us if you need any further assistance. As always, we will be happy to assist you.  

Regards,  
Pavithra S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon