We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

How do I change the column name in a different language ?

Hi team,

I have a requirement to rename the column names while creating data sets in a different language. When I tried doing that, I have got message window stating "Column name should not contain special characters." 

Please let me know how can I do this?
Waiting for your response.

Thanks,
Amanpreet

3 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team February 20, 2019 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

Currently, we don’t have option to change the column name with using special characters for dataset name in web reportdesigner. So we recommended to please use the English characters for editing the dataset name.  

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

AM Amanpreet February 27, 2019 04:38 PM UTC

Hi Team,

Can you please let us know when shall this requirement be available ?

Regards,
Amanpreet

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team February 28, 2019 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Amanpreet, 

We have considered your requirement as feature. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. We have logged this feature in our feature database and it can be tracked through our feedback portal below,   

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. It will be included in any of our upcoming Report Platform releases.  

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon