We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel like filter window is closed

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with GridGroupingControl. When I set focus in search edit and press "Alt" key in order to enter special character, window is immediately closed. Is there any property which should be set to have it working? Please advise.

Thank you for your help.

8 Replies

AA Arulraj A Syncfusion Team November 10, 2018 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Janusz, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.       

We have checked the reported scenario in GridGroupingControl Excel like filter popup and able to reproduce the issue “Excel Filter popup is closed while pressing "Alt" key”. We have logged a defect report on this and the fix will be available in our upcoming 2018 Volume 4 release which is expected at end of December 2018.  

Regards,  
Arulraj A  

JA Janusz December 19, 2018 07:24 PM UTC

Hi,

I've downloaded 16.4.0.42 version and it looks like it hasn't been fixed. When I press "left-Alt", window is not closed. However when I press "right Alt" window is immediately closed. It prevent me from adding our regional characters into search edit.

Thank you, Janusz

MG Mohanraj Gunasekaran Syncfusion Team December 20, 2018 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Janusz, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have created a new incident for this query. So, please follow up with that incident using your direct trac login. 

Regards, 
Mohanraj G 

JA Jaroslaw December 28, 2021 07:54 AM UTC

Hi!

Is there any progress on this bug? I ran into the same proble but with SfDataGrid and its FilterPopup. If I open filter dialog (in advanced mode) and press right alt key while combobox is focused, dialog dissapears. This behaviour prevents me to insert diacritics in search queries.

I'm using the newest WinForms version (19.4.0.38). Problem also exists in Data Grid example from Essentials Studio.

SS Sampathnarayanan Sankaralingam Syncfusion Team December 29, 2021 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Jaroslaw, 

We have created bug report for the reported issue “Filter popup is closed while pressing "Alt" key when the ComboBox is in editing”. We will include the fix for this issue in our weekly NuGet which is scheduled for January 11, 2022

You can track the status of this report through the following feedback link,

Note: The provided feedback link is private, and you need to login to view this feedback.

We appreciate your patience until then.

Regards, 
Sampath Narayanan.S 

SS Sampathnarayanan Sankaralingam Syncfusion Team January 11, 2022 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Jaroslaw, 

We are glad to announce that our latest weekly NuGet package update version 19.4.0.42 has been is rolled out with the “Filter popup is closed while pressing "Alt" key when the ComboBox is in editing” and is available for download.

Feedback Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/31553/filter-popup-is-closed-while-pressing-alt-key-when-the-combobox-is-in-editing

Please let us know, if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,
Sampath Narayanan.S

JA Jaroslaw January 14, 2022 11:37 AM UTC

Hi!

I have checked 19.4.0.42  version and now it works as expected. Right alt click does not close whole filter popup. Thanks for the help!

SS Sampathnarayanan Sankaralingam Syncfusion Team January 17, 2022 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Jaroslaw,  

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you😊. 

Regards, 
Sampath Narayanan.S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon