We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unlock key and emails?

Hi, I downloaded the trial version of the grid, however, the unlock key was never emailed to me. I then tried to send a support question - had to use Direct-Trac, as there is no direct email it seems. Now, it claimed my email address was already registered - so I entered it into the textbox to have my password sent to me, so I coudl log in. And my password was never sent to me. What''s going on? Is there a way to try out the grid or get in touch with support?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2004 02:16 PM UTC

Hello Marina, Our apologies for any inconvenience. I''ve located your account in Direct-Trac and in a moment you''ll receive your unlock key via email. I''ll also include the information you''ll need to access Direct-Trac. If you have any further questions, please don''t hesitate to contact SalesSupport@syncfusion.com. Thanks very much for your interest in Syncfusion. Best regards, Sierra Stults

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon