We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Another fail on open

I''ve had a variety of problems trying to open workbooks using ExcelUtils.Open. Attached is just one example of a very basic workbook that won''t open. ExcelRW_2015.zip

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2004 07:48 AM UTC

Just noticed that workbooks don''t open when autofilter is used. Having said that, I''m not sure if this is the explanation for the attached not opening. Although it did use autofilter at one point, this was removed. >I''ve had a variety of problems trying to open workbooks using ExcelUtils.Open. Attached is just one example of a very basic workbook that won''t open. > > >ExcelRW_2015.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2004 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Stephen, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion ExcelRW. I was able to open the spreadsheet that you have attached without any problems. Could you please provide me more details on the version of ExcelRW that you are using and .Net Framework version. Sorry for the inconvenience. Best regards, Stephen. >Just noticed that workbooks don''t open when autofilter is used. Having said that, I''m not sure if this is the explanation for the attached not opening. Although it did use autofilter at one point, this was removed. > >>I''ve had a variety of problems trying to open workbooks using ExcelUtils.Open. Attached is just one example of a very basic workbook that won''t open. >> >> >>ExcelRW_2015.zip >> >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 7, 2004 05:51 PM UTC

I''ve tried to open it again and it works OK, however I can''t open it (or any workbook) that has autofilter set.

GR Greg May 8, 2004 10:53 AM UTC

One thing to note is that if Excel is viewing an xls file they have it somewhat locked. ExcelRW will fail to open it. I haven''t yet checked a read-only open from ExcelRW to see if Excel permits that (or if ExcelRW supports it).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2004 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, Currently ExcelRW does not have support for Autofilter and so files with Autofilter cannot be opened. However we have plans to add this feature. As a first step we will be adding support for opening template files that contain Autofilters. Then in a later release, API support will be added. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Stephen. >I''ve tried to open it again and it works OK, however I can''t open it (or any workbook) that has autofilter set.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2004 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Greg, Currently ExcelRW does not have support for opening an Excel file file when Excel is viewing it. However it should be possible to open ExcelRW is readonly mode when MS Excel is viewing it. We will add support for opening an Excel file in readonly mode soon. Also, here is a quick update on your other open issues. Some of the bugs that you had reported have been fixed. There has been a lot of optimization work done on ExcelRW during the past week and so there has been a slight delay in implementing the new features. However, we will make every effort to get the work done and have an updated build available next week. If a majority of your issues are fixed i will try to send you a custom build this week itself. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your cooperation on this issue. Best regards, Stephen. >One thing to note is that if Excel is viewing an xls file they have it somewhat locked. ExcelRW will fail to open it. I haven''t yet checked a read-only open from ExcelRW to see if Excel permits that (or if ExcelRW supports it). > >

AR Andrew Rosenblum September 13, 2006 05:18 PM UTC

I am unable to open an Excel spreadsheet with Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Workbook.Open( System.String) while it is being viewed in Excel.

I am using syncfusion.excelrw.base\3.301.0.0__3d67ed1f87d44c89\syncfusion.excelrw.base.dll''

Has support for opening it in readonly mode been added? How is it invoked?

>Hi Greg,
>
>Currently ExcelRW does not have support for opening an Excel file file when Excel is viewing it. However it should be possible to open ExcelRW is readonly mode when MS Excel is viewing it. We will add support for opening an Excel file in readonly mode soon.
>
>Also, here is a quick update on your other open issues. Some of the bugs that you had reported have been fixed. There has been a lot of optimization work done on ExcelRW during the past week and so there has been a slight delay in implementing the new features. However, we will make every effort to get the work done and have an updated build available next week. If a majority of your issues are fixed i will try to send you a custom build this week itself. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your cooperation on this issue.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Stephen.
>
>>One thing to note is that if Excel is viewing an xls file they have it somewhat locked. ExcelRW will fail to open it. I haven''t yet checked a read-only open from ExcelRW to see if Excel permits that (or if ExcelRW supports it).
>>
>>

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team September 14, 2006 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Andrew,

Support for opening Excel Spreadsheet in read-only mode been added in the later versions. Would it be possible to upgrade to later versions.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon