We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfPicker Filter/Search

Hello Syncfusion,

Is it possible to add a filter or searchbar in a modal SfPicker control with multicolumns ?

Regards,
Gert

5 Replies

RK Rathana Kumar Sekar Syncfusion Team October 9, 2017 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Gert, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 
We have checked the reported requirement "Filter and search feature for SfPicker" from our side and in our current implementation we do not have support for this, So, we have logged feature report for same. If needed we can workaround to achieve your requirement by placing the Entry in the top of SfPicker and based on entry text we can implement our logic and filter by changing the ItemsSource dynamically in SfPicker. 
This feature will be available any of our upcoming volume releases. 
Please let us know if you have any other query. 
Regards, 
Rathanakumar S. 

AS asterinex October 9, 2017 01:55 PM UTC

Thank you, I'm looking forward to the new release and feature.
I think it will be a useful addition.

Gert

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team October 10, 2017 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Gert,

Thanks for your update.

As we updated earlier, we have already considered your requirement "Filter and search feature for SfPicker" as a feature and this feature will be available in any of our upcoming releases.

Please let us know if you have any other query.

Regards,
Eswaran AT.

MA Maxime March 5, 2019 03:41 PM UTC

Hi,

I need to implement the same behaviour and seems like we can specify header view of the sfPicker.
But when i try to add an entry control in the header view, it appears but tapping on it does not seem to make virtual keyboard appears.
Is it a known issue ?

I'm using 16.4.0.48 version.

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team March 6, 2019 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Maxime,

We checked the reported issue “Keyboard is norot visible when focusing the entry which is placed in picker header view” in the 16.4.0.48 version and we are unable to reproduce the reported issue from our side. We have prepared a sample to show that the keyboard will be visible when focusing the entry control which is placed in the picker header view. Please have the sample from the below link.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/F133074363406989  

Please check the sample and let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Eswaran T

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon