We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfRichTextBoxAdv: Problem with resizing images and tables in page view.

I'm facing a problem with SfRichTextBoxAdv component. When I select PageView for this component and resize images or tables, I can resize them beyond the boundaries of the view. But after resize is done, resized image or table is not completely visible and we cannot further resize it from same side.

I've attached screenshots with this post.

Attachment: table_resize_problems_658c6f0.zip

1 Reply

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team September 19, 2017 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Sandesh Kamble,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Our SfRichTextBoxAdv control will behave similar to Microsoft Word. If the images and tables are resized beyond the boundaries, it will be clipped up to the visible page boundaries. But you can resize the image again using the visible thumbs (resizing points) highlighted in the below screenshot similar to Microsoft Word.

Microsoft word 
SfRichTextBoxAdv 

Regarding resizing the tables:
The table also can be resized using the resizing cursor, the normal cursor will be changed into resizing cursor when we mouse over the border region which works also on the out of the pages boundaries similar to Microsoft Word. Please refer the screenshot below,

Microsoft Word 
SfRichTextBoxAdv 

Table selector and resizer

As you can see from above screenshot, Microsoft Word shows the table selector and resizer for the table (which denotes right border of table) when the table selection is inside the table. Using the resizer, we can resize the entire table. At present SfRichTextBoxAdv does not have support for this feature. We will log this requirement as feature request and it will be implemented in any of our forthcoming releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We request you to visit our website periodically for feature related updates.

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon