We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to prevent wrapping of text in RichTextBoxAdv

Hi

By default text in RichTextBoxAdv  get wrapped when there is not enough space when the control width is too small

To prevent this i want to disable word wrap so that by default scrollviewer will be in display

can any one clarify on this

Thank you

Santhosh Devi

3 Replies

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team September 4, 2017 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Santhosh Devi,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

The RichTextBoxAdv does not supports enable/disable the TextWrapping. The RichTextBoxAdv control is classic version. Whereas SfRichTextBoxAdv is a new control that works more similar to Microsoft Word, and all the new enhancements are done only in this control. So please prefer using SfRichTextBoxAdv control with all the new features. For more information, kindly refer our following UG link,

UG link: https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfrichtextboxadv/getting-started   

Also, our SfRichTextBoxAdv control have the option to enable/disable the text wrapping in Continuous layout mode. Please refer the below API reference link for more information.

API reference link: 
https://help.syncfusion.com/cr/wpf/Syncfusion.Windows.Controls.RichTextBoxAdv.SfRichTextBoxAdv.html#Syncfusion_Windows_Controls_RichTextBoxAdv_SfRichTextBoxAdv_TextWrapping

We have also prepared a sample to demonstrate the TextWrapping in SfRichTextBoxAdv control and attached in the following link.

Sample link:
Sample.zip.

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

DE Devi September 4, 2017 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Venkatesan Mani,

Thanks for your reply its really helpfull

I need one more support

In my application i have placed RichTextBox inside Dockable window and i gave Width and Height of RichTextBox to 'Auto'

when i am floating my window RichTextBox throws exception "Width and Height must be non-negative"

can you please help me to trace out the issue

Thank you

Santhosh Devi

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team September 5, 2017 06:48 AM UTC

Hi Santhosh Devi,

Thank you for your update.

We were not able to reproduce the reported issue “When floating the Dockable window containing SfRichTextBoxAdv with Auto size throws exception "Width and Height must be non-negative"”. Could you please share us the below required details? So that we can able to analyze in depth and provide you the appropriate solution at the earlier.

1. Essential studio version you are using
2. Simple sample or sample code or detailed procedure to reproduce the issue

Regards,
Venkatesan M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon