We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfListView and SfDataGrid Item holding not working on UWP Desktop

I have item holding action in sflistview and drag-drop reorder action in sfdatagrid. They both dont work on UWP desktop if i try to hold with my mous pointer. How can I achieve them? 

3 Replies

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team June 19, 2017 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Emil,  

Query 
Response 
Support for Item holding by mouse in SfListView 
We regret to inform you that the SfListView do not have support for the reported requirement “Support for Item Holding by Mouse”. Since there is no any long pressed events (like Holding event in touch) for the mouse in framework itself. So, we request you to use touch device for Holding ListView items in UWP platform.    
Support for Drag and Drop by mouse in SfDataGrid 
We are going to provide the support for Row Drag and Drop using Mouse pointer in our upcoming 2017 Vol 2 SP2 release, which is scheduled for roll out End of June, 2017.  

Regards,   
G.Muthu Kumaran. 

EM Emil June 21, 2017 11:03 AM UTC

Hi,

thanks for you reply. "Support for Item holding by mouse in SfListView " regarding this, I think that xamarin listview has similar problem with context action, in mobile platforms, you need to hold long to get context actions but in UWP desktop, they provide, right mouse click for context actions, you may consider some similar workaround. because without context actions is not easy to use listview. I consider longpress is an alternative for context actions in listview.

thanks,

Emil 

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team June 22, 2017 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Based on the reported requirement “Need Contextual Menu in UWP platform using mouse right click in SfListView”, we have prepared a sample by a workaround which shows the context menu when right click is pressed using mouse in UWP platform and you can download it from the below link. 

Could you please check with the above sample? if your requirement has not met, please revert us with additional information regarding the support for Contextual Menu in SfListView which would help us to analyze the requirement better and update you an appropriate solution. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon