We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

problem with specific default values

Hi,

I noticed that I had to pick all the values that have specific default values.
This happens in Report Viewer. In the Report Designer everything works perfectly.
ReportViewer:

Report Designer:

The Startdatum and Enddatum parameter have a specific default value.

Is there something more I have to do to auto select the default value?
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

7 Replies

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team May 19, 2017 11:50 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked the RDL report shared in ReportDesigner forum and it contain DateAdd expression (“= DateAdd("d",-5,Today())”) as a default value for the date parameter. The DateAdd expression is working properly in our current source. So can you please share the issue reproducible RDL file and “ej.web.all.min.js” Script file with ReportViewer dependent assemblies to validate the mentioned problem at our end.  

For your reference, we have prepared a sample and it can be downloaded from below location, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

GK Gregory Kohle May 19, 2017 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Yuvaraj,

the attached rdl was the one with the problem.
I have attached the ej.web.min.all.js.
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team May 22, 2017 08:42 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for your update. But we are unable to find the attachment for “ej.web.all.min.js” script and ReportViewer dependent assembly file. So, we are requesting you to provide the “ej.web.all.min.js” script and ReportViewer dependent assembly file to validate the mentioned problem at our end. 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

GK Gregory Kohle May 22, 2017 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Yuvaraj,

now it should be attached.
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

Attachment: ej.web.all.min_39f235b3.zip

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team May 22, 2017 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for your update.  

We are able to reproduce the mentioned problem when rendering the ReportViewer application in different machine culture.  So can you please share your machine culture information to validate the mentioned problem at our end.  

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

GK Gregory Kohle May 22, 2017 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Yuvaraj,

my machine culture is german.

Regards,
Patrick

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team May 23, 2017 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

We have an issue while specifying the default value for Date/time parameter when rendering the ReportViewer application in German culture. We have logged a defect report on this. So a support incident to track the status of this issue has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,

Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon