We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

missing assemblies syncfusion.geckohtmlrenderer.

missing assemblies syncfusion.geckohtmlrenderer. Got this message when I selected New Syncfusion Web Application. What is the implications and can I do to solve this?

3 Replies

GR Ganesan Rengasamy Syncfusion Team May 18, 2017 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Brent, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

While creating the Syncfusion ASP.NET project, the missing assemblies dialog has appeared since we have stopped to shipping the “Syncfusion.GeckoHtmlRenderer.Base” assembly from Syncfusion Essential Studio ASP.NET platform setup. You can proceed by clicking “Yes” button (this will not affect the any of the Syncfusion control rendering). This missing assemblies issue occurred till the v15.1.0.33 Syncfusion ASP.NET Platform setup only and this issue has been already fixed in our 2017 volume 1 Service Pack 2 release (v15.1.0.41). From your download history, we suspect that the issue occurred since the Syncfusion ASP.NET extension is not updated in your Visual Studio. Please follow the below step to reinstall the Syncfusion ASP.NET extension in your Visual Studio. 

1. Open Windows Command Prompt in Admin Mode.
  2. Navigate to the below mentioned location and launch the SyncfusionVSIXInstallerConsole.exe tool with /action:install /isinstaller:true /platform:"ASP.NET " as argument.
               Location: {Drive}:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Utilities\Extensions\VSIX Installer 
               For Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.2.0.40\Utilities\Extensions\VSIX Installer 
               Please refer to the below screenshot for your reference. 

Regards, 
Ganesan R. 

BH Brent Hector May 19, 2017 09:02 PM UTC

Thank you I will try it or should I just install the 2017 instead?

MK Mathivanan KP Syncfusion Team May 22, 2017 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Brent, 

Thanks for the update. As we mentioned in our previous update, this issue has been already fixed in Essential Studio 2017 volume 1 Service Pack 2 release (v15.1.0.41). You can install any of the below setup to create Syncfusion ASP.NET projects without the reported issue. 

1. Essential Studio 2017 Volume 1 SP 2 (v15.1.0.41)
  2. Essential Studio 2017 Volume 2 (v15.2.0.40)

If you have already installed any of the above setup, you can perform the steps explained in our previous update to reinstall the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions. 

Thanks, 
Mathi. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon