We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Enter negative numbers

Hi,

how can I enter a negative number in the SfNumericTextbox?

Uner iOS it isn't possible to enter a "-" in the textbox.

Under Android the "-" is displayed on the "." button on the keyboard but I couldn't find a way to access.

Under UWP entering a negative number seems to work as expected.

Thank you!

14 Replies

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team May 5, 2017 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query: Negative number support in SfNumericTextBox 

We have created support incident to track the status of the reported query has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/  

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

BS Brian Schwartz May 25, 2018 04:41 PM UTC

I am currently experiencing similar issues.
Has any progress been made on this?

Thanks,
Brian

ST stefffdev May 28, 2018 05:00 AM UTC

Hi,

I have never tried it myself, but that should be fixed, Syncfusion wrote in June 2017:

"We have successfully implemented custom keypad which displays Negative sign and Return on the top numeric keypad in SfNumericTextBox. However in order to maintain the standard we have planned to provide three types of keypad to the user. The user can select Numeric or AlphaNumeric or Custom Keypad based on their requirement. "

RB Rabhia Beham Kathar Mideenar Syncfusion Team May 28, 2018 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We have checked the reported issue and in Android we could not able to reproduce the issue. We could enter the “-“ Key and the values are updated correctly. We have attached a video for your reference. Please have the video from the below link.

Video Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130289/ze/AndroidNumeric-1402205644

And in iOS we could able to reproduce the issue and the issue fix will be available in Volume 2 release which is expected to be rolled out by the first week of June 2018.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Rabhia beham K.

BS Brian Schwartz May 29, 2018 04:01 PM UTC

Is there any way to get the fix earlier?  We plan to release before then, and use the sf numeric text box for critical parts of our app. 

RB Rabhia Beham Kathar Mideenar Syncfusion Team May 30, 2018 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

We have provided the fix for SfNumericTextBox Control in the incident that was created by you on May 25, 2018 12:28 PM.

Regards,
Rabhia Beham K.

BS Brian Schwartz June 6, 2018 02:18 PM UTC

We are still seeing a different keyboard on android devices that has a negative(-) and decimal point (.) on top of each other, I will be including a video as soon as I get one captured from our users.

"Under Android the "-" is displayed on the "." button on the keyboard but I couldn't find a way to access." from original post is relevant 

RB Rabhia Beham Kathar Mideenar Syncfusion Team June 7, 2018 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

We will wait until we hear from you. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Rabhia Beham K.

BS Brian Schwartz June 7, 2018 03:20 PM UTC

I have responded  with the video in my open support

Thanks,

Brian Schwartz

RB Rabhia Beham Kathar Mideenar Syncfusion Team June 8, 2018 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

We have provided the response for SfNumericTextBox Control in the incident that was created by you on May 25, 2018 12:28 PM. Please follow the incident for further updates.

Regards,
Rabhia Beham K.

GP Giorgos Papadakis July 2, 2018 04:28 PM UTC

Still no minus for 16.2.0.42
I get logs like
2018-07-02 19:04:51.426 In.Mobile.iOS[40449:1935697] Can't find keyplane that supports type 8 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitTruffle-DecimalPad; using 10741503878880041833_PortraitTruffle_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default
2018-07-02 19:04:51.435 In.Mobile.iOS[40449:1935697] Can't find keyplane that supports type 8 for keyboard iPhone-PortraitTruffle-DecimalPad; using 10741503878880041833_PortraitTruffle_iPhone-Simple-Pad_Default

UPDATE
Only if i rotate the device i get the minus and enter buttons both in Simulator and real device

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team July 3, 2018 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Giorgos,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have checked your reported issue with SfNumericTextBox iOS and we are not able to reproduce the reported issue at our end. We have captured a video with the test sample and it is available in the below link. Please have a look at the video and if the replication steps differ please provide us the details as a video representation or sample or code snippets so that it will be helpful for us to analyze in your scenario and help to achieving your requirement.

Video: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130289/ze/numeric-1176698511

Regards,
Paul Anderson

GP Giorgos Papadakis July 3, 2018 12:43 PM UTC

My video showing the strange behavior
https://www.dropbox.com/s/drta15k7oy2koxo/2018-07-03_15-41-07.mp4?dl=0

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team July 5, 2018 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Brian

Thanks for your update.

We have analyzed the reported issue with "Keyboard with - symbol is not showing at initial, after performing the layout changes only it will show". We were unable to reproduce the reported issue. Below are the ways that we tested to reporduce the reported scenario at our end.

1. Tested with our current assemblies (16.2451.0.42) and also with our previous version(16.2451.0.37).
2. Deployed with iOS simulator version 11.3
3. Tested culture value is el-GR.

We have prepared the sample which has been downloaded from below link

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/138289/ze/sample-1095554301

We have recorded the sample behavior with numerictextbox. Please download that from below link

Video : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130289/ze/video1424433144

Please modify that sample to replicate the reported issues and update the more details which will be more helpful to analyze further and provided the solution

Regards,
Paul Anderson

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon