We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Double Click on TextBox not selecting after clicking a BarItem

When I create a MainFrameBarManager with a BarItem and I click on it.
I can't select text in a readonly TextBox by double clicking if it is placed in a GroupBox.
Another TextBox that is not in the GroupBox works like it should.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or how I can prevent this behaviour, without changing every TextBox's HideSelection property?

I attached a windows forms application of the problem I'm having.

Thanks in advance

Attachment: BarItemVSTextBoxReproduction_a4189379.zip

3 Replies

VR Venkateshwaran Ramdoss Syncfusion Team April 4, 2017 04:52 PM UTC

Hi Yazid, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have prepared a sample to achieve your requirement. In this sample, we have set the focus to TextBox when MouseDown. The sample and video can be downloaded from the below link. 

Video: GroupBoxVideo  

Please check the above solution and let us know if it is helpful. 

Regards, 
Venkateshwaran V.R. 

YA Yazid April 5, 2017 06:24 AM UTC

Hi Venkateshwaran,Thanks for the answer, but it is not the correct solution to my problem. With this solution I have to add the focus event (which I should not have to do myself) on each TextBox in groupbox.I want to prevent this behavior, not fix it, so that TextBoxes inside and outside GroupBoxes can be selected as if I have never clicked on the BarItem.Is there a solution to change properties to get the desired result?

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team April 6, 2017 05:12 AM UTC

Hi Yazid 

Thank you for your update.  

This reported issue has been fixed in our latest Essential Studio version. We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2017 Volume 1 Service pack 2 Release v15.1.0.41 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link: 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards 
Kannan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon