We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is SfAutoComplete having a SuggestionMode handling the accents' sensitivity

Good morning,

I would like to know if there was a possibility to have a SuggestionMode being accents insensitive ?
The various-filter-options-for-suggestion's documentation doesn't give any answer to that question.

Example : We have a string containing the French word "délégué" into our DataSource and as soon as we are typing the letters "del", the SfAutoComplete is not proposing the wanted item.

I thank you in advance for your response and I wish you a great day !
Best regards,

mtwsm

3 Replies

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 21, 2017 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Toussiant,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Currently SfAutoComplete does not have your requirement "SuggestionMode being accent insensitive" since we filtering the items based on character comparison. We suggest you to change the device culture to respective region and use corresponding keyboard for search.

Please let us know if you have concern on this.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

MT mtwsm March 22, 2017 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Vanaja,

Thank you for your answer and your advice !
Sadly, our users already have the device's culture set to the needed region and they are already using the corresponding keyboard.

It's more a cultural thing : even if French language contains accents, most people don't type them when using a smartphone since you have to hold a specific letter or choose an "adviced word" by a given dictionnary. It's slowing down the process of typing if I may say and we thought, it would be more user friendly to have a SuggestionMode being accent insensitive.

Anyway, it's alright ! We will implement a tricky solution on our side to achieve such result.
Thank you for everything and wishing you a good day !

Best regards,
mtwsm

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 23, 2017 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Toussiant, 

Thank you for your suggestions. Based on the possibilities we will consider your requirement in future 

Regards, 
Vanaja R.A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon