We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Question about community license

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

128237 Jan 10,2017 05:22 AM Mar 15,2017 03:29 PM General Discussion 6
Tags: General Discussion
Eligio
Asked On January 10, 2017 05:22 AM

Hello,

I'm a single developer with less than 1 million USD revenue. I work as freelance developing custom apps for my customers. My customers usually have more than 1 million USD revenue. 

Can I use community license for developing apps for my customers?

Thanks

SaBrena Toler [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 11, 2017 08:14 AM

Hello Eligio, 

We thank you for your interest in our controls.  I have forwarded your inquiry to our Sales Department; One of our Global Account Managers will contact you shortly. 

Best, 
SaBrena 

SaBrena Wallace | Customer Service/Renewals and Training Manager 

sabrenatoler@syncfusion.com | www.syncfusion.com 

2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Suite 200 | Morrisville, NC 27560 | USA 

Direct: +1 919.481.2330 |  Fax: +1 919.573.0306 

Pavel
Replied On March 7, 2017 06:10 AM

Hello!

I have the same question as well. Can you answer it please?

SaBrena Toler [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 9, 2017 05:38 PM

Hello, 

The Community License provides free access to all the Syncfusion products for individual developers and small businesses.   Companies with less that $1 million USD are eligible. 
Please review our webpage: https://www.syncfusion.com/products/communitylicense  
Please let me know if you have any questions. 
Best,
SaBrena 

SaBrena Wallace | Customer Service/Renewals and Training Manager 
sabrenatoler@syncfusion.com | www.syncfusion.com  
2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Suite 200 | Morrisville, NC 27560 | USA 
Direct: +1 919.481.2330 |  Fax: +1 919.573.0306 

Pavel
Replied On March 13, 2017 07:20 AM

Hello,

I have one more question. Does a company, that develops mobile apps for different customers using Xamarin with Syncfusion Nuget packages, need to purchase Essential Studio Xamarin every time it begins to develop an app for a new customer? Or is it enough to purchase Essential Studio Xamarin for $995 just once?

Daniel Jebaraj [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 15, 2017 12:23 PM

Hi Eligio - yes, you may use the community license as long as you meet requirements. Please note that the IP being developed has to belong to you in order for this to apply. The IP can be used by your customers (we allow redistribution even with the community license).

However, if the IP belongs to your customer they will be the ones who will need to be licensed. Sales will also be in touch to answer any additional questions.

Please let us know if you require any additional information. Thank you for choosing to use Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Daniel

Eligio
Replied On March 15, 2017 03:29 PM

This is very clear. 

By the moment I can use community license, as I own the IP and only redistribute the binaries.

Thanks.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;