We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Question about community license

Hello,

I'm a single developer with less than 1 million USD revenue. I work as freelance developing custom apps for my customers. My customers usually have more than 1 million USD revenue. 

Can I use community license for developing apps for my customers?

Thanks

9 Replies

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team January 11, 2017 01:14 PM UTC

Hello Eligio, 

We thank you for your interest in our controls.  I have forwarded your inquiry to our Sales Department; One of our Global Account Managers will contact you shortly. 

Best, 
SaBrena 

SaBrena Wallace | Customer Service/Renewals and Training Manager 

sabrenatoler@syncfusion.com | www.syncfusion.com 

2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Suite 200 | Morrisville, NC 27560 | USA 

Direct: +1 919.481.2330 |  Fax: +1 919.573.0306 

PA Pavel March 7, 2017 11:10 AM UTC

Hello!

I have the same question as well. Can you answer it please?

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team March 9, 2017 10:38 PM UTC

Hello, 

The Community License provides free access to all the Syncfusion products for individual developers and small businesses.   Companies with less that $1 million USD are eligible. 
Please let me know if you have any questions. 
Best,
SaBrena 

SaBrena Wallace | Customer Service/Renewals and Training Manager 
2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Suite 200 | Morrisville, NC 27560 | USA 
Direct: +1 919.481.2330 |  Fax: +1 919.573.0306 

PA Pavel March 13, 2017 11:20 AM UTC

Hello,

I have one more question. Does a company, that develops mobile apps for different customers using Xamarin with Syncfusion Nuget packages, need to purchase Essential Studio Xamarin every time it begins to develop an app for a new customer? Or is it enough to purchase Essential Studio Xamarin for $995 just once?

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 15, 2017 04:23 PM UTC

Hi Eligio - yes, you may use the community license as long as you meet requirements. Please note that the IP being developed has to belong to you in order for this to apply. The IP can be used by your customers (we allow redistribution even with the community license).

However, if the IP belongs to your customer they will be the ones who will need to be licensed. Sales will also be in touch to answer any additional questions.

Please let us know if you require any additional information. Thank you for choosing to use Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Daniel

EL Eligio March 15, 2017 07:29 PM UTC

This is very clear. 

By the moment I can use community license, as I own the IP and only redistribute the binaries.

Thanks.

TS Tobias Schwarz June 27, 2023 11:24 AM UTC

Hi! 

I am an individual developer and I have received a project from a company to develop an app that will also be published on the Google Play Store for private individuals. Is the Community License still valid in this case?

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team June 28, 2023 07:43 PM UTC

Hello Tobias,

We thank you for your interest in our Community License.  I am forwarding your request to our Sales Department and someone will be contacting you shortly to discuu options.

Thanks,

SaBrena

RM Ryan Madison Syncfusion Team June 29, 2023 03:15 PM UTC

Hello Tobias - if you customers are not Community Eligible  (over 1 million in revenue) they would need to procure a license if they own the applications you are building.

*If they are simply end users of your product and you retain all IP then you can continue to use the Community License

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon