We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Expression error

Hi,
I create a repoort using "Syncfusion Report Designer", I  add % column and I use this expression on it:
"=ReportItems!TextBox21.Value/ReportItems!TextBox22.Value"
I get an error on Report Designer and on the browser when I run my project, but when I open the report with "SQL Report Builder, everything works fine (take a look at the screenshot below).
What is the problem?

Attachment: Screenshot_6456c914.rar

5 Replies

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team January 3, 2017 09:20 AM UTC

Hi Anis, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We were unable to reproduce the mentioned the same null exception issue at our end. But, we have tested the shared reportitem expression and it’s rendered the same values in all the row cells (this is the know error) in Tablix report items as shown in below screenshot. So can you please share the issue reproducible RDL file without confidential information to validate the mentioned null exception issue at our end.  

ReportViewer O/P: 

For your reference, we have prepared a sample and it can be downloaded from, 

Regards,

Yuvaraj D 

AN Anis January 3, 2017 12:22 PM UTC

Hi,
I reproduce the issue in the sample below (+RDL file).
About your RDL file, I get the same error (render the same values in all the row cells) but instead it works well in SQL Report Builder.
Another problem about the percentages, I have diagrams (Pie) showing the percentage of each part in SQL Report Builder, but in the browser (ReportViewer), it just show me the total number without percentage. How to fix this too?

Regards,
Anis

Attachment: Report_4cce0efe.rar

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team January 4, 2017 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Anis, 

Currently, we don’t have support for using aggregate function for reportitems expression in ReportViewer and we have an issue while providing data label format in chart report item at our end. We have logged a feature and defect report on this respectively. So a support incident to track the status of this feature and issue has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

DA David September 27, 2018 09:44 AM UTC

Hi there, has there been any progress in support for using aggregate function for reportitems? I also would like to use this to provide running totals per page.

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team October 1, 2018 10:15 AM UTC

Hi David, 

We have not yet provided the support for using aggregate function for report item expression in Report Viewer. We will be providing this support in our 2019 Volume 1 release which may be scheduled to be released in month of February 2018. 

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon