We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Editing,annotation features on PdfViewer

how can I add editing like drawing shape or pencil draw and highlight the text from pdfviewer on my selection.

5 Replies

BS Balasubramanian Sundararajan Syncfusion Team November 28, 2016 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Jinal, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion product. 

At present we do not have support for Ink, Shapes and TextMarkUp Annotation in PDF viewer on Xamarin.Forms (iOS ,Android and UWP) platforms. We have added it to our feature request list. This feature will be included in any of our upcoming release. This feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity.   

We request to visit our website periodically for feature related updates.  

Thanks, 
Balasubramanian S 

RF Russ Fustino January 10, 2017 09:04 AM UTC

Any updates on this? I need annotations.

BS Balasubramanian Sundararajan Syncfusion Team January 11, 2017 02:56 PM UTC

Hi Jinal, 

As we mentioned earlier, we do not have support for adding annotation in our PDF viewer control in Xamarin.Forms (iOS, Android and UWP). We have plans to implement the below features in our Essential Studio 2017 Volume 2 release. 

·         Text Mark Up annotation (Highlight Annotation) 
·         Shapes Annotation (Line, Rectangle and Ellipse) 
·         Lines and Arrow Annotation 

Please let me know if you have any other requirement. 

Thanks, 
Balasubramanian S 

SW sweny January 21, 2017 06:08 AM UTC

How Can I open pdf in fillable format. When I tried to open fillable Pdf in PdfViewer, it not allow to fill pdf file.

NK Navaneetha Kannan Sudalai Muthu Syncfusion Team January 23, 2017 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Jinal,  

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.  

At present we do not have support for performing fill operations in PDF viewer on Xamarin.Forms (iOS ,Android and UWP) platforms. We have added it to our feature request list. This feature will be included in any of our upcoming release. This feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity.    

Kindly visit our website periodically for feature related updates.   

Best, 
Navaneetha Kannan  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon