We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Screen coordinates for CaretPosition

Hi,

I need to display a context menu in the SFRichTextBoxAdv control using a shortcut key. This works but I do not know how to get the screen coordinates of the current Caret position to open it at the approriate position.

How do I do this?

Regards
Bernd

3 Replies

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team November 23, 2016 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Bernd, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

Could you please clarify your requirement of retrieving the caret position is based on? 
1. Coordinate within SfRichTextBoxAdv control 
2. Coordinate within application window 
3. Coordinate of entire screen 
If possible, please provide prototype sample by specifying default position (Instead of caret position) for context menu. So that we can analyze further with respect to your requirement and provide you appropriate solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Venkatesan.  

BE Bernd November 23, 2016 12:24 PM UTC

Venkatesan,

actually any of these would work. I just need to open the ContextMenu at the Caret position, so most probably the relative position to the SfRichTextBoxAdv would be best.

Regards
Bernd

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team November 24, 2016 05:05 PM UTC

Hi Bernd,

Thank you for your update.

At present there is no support to get the coordinates of the caret position in SfRichTextBoxAdv control. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon